"The problem is you have to invest well and honestly I think they did very well, because every player they bought are quality players".
"The market closes today".
City dominated the Premier League last term as they finished first 19 points ahead of second-placed United and also won the Carabao Cup with a 3-0 win over Arsenal at Wembley Stadium. "He has played at high levels and the talent is there but I am not one to praise an individual", he said.
Pushed on whether there would be any ins or outs on Thursday, Mourinho added: "The information I have is no (nothing will happen)".
However there were a few clubs hell bent on making sure Jim White could say the words "we're just hearing" with promoted sides Wolves and Fulham amongst the few who did anything of interest, and that was a theme of the whole window.
Wolves' connections to Portuguese super agent Jorge Mendes were a source of complaint for their competitors as they romped to the Championship title last season.
At 8:00pm this evening, United and Leicester will do likewise.
Jerome Boateng was another option but Bayern Munich have not been keen to sanction a loan move.
United's squad is stretched through injuries and fitness issues with returning World Cup stars. Mourinho also has selection problems for the Leicester game, with Ander Herrera, Nemanja Matic, Marcos Rojo, Antonio Valencia and Dalot ruled out because of injuries and Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, Ashley Young and Marouane Fellaini not considered fully fit after being given extra time off to recover from the World Cup.
"They returned on Monday", he said.
"I can talk about one year ago when we took Jordan Pickford and everyone was talking in that moment", Silva told a news conference.
"Premier League clubs' gross player transfer expenditure of £1.2 billion continues to demonstrate the sheer purchasing power of the most commercially successful football league in the world". Martial in the last 20 minutes could have given us the second goal but I couldn't make that change. "We believe a lot in our players and why not repeat a similar season like previous year or the season before, and with more experience?"
The playmaker was a fundamental part of Sarri's midfield in Naples, dictating their tempo as they pushed Juventus all the way in last season's Serie A title race.
- Erdogan warns Trump Ankara may seek ‘new friends’
- Jose Mourinho lauds World Cup-winner after Leicester City display
- State of emergency declared ahead of Charlottesville anniversary
- White House Describes Military 'Space Force,' Aims To Create It By 2020
- Tiger Woods could play and vice-captain at Ryder Cup
- Jose Mourinho praises 'complete' Luke Shaw performance against Leicester City
- Oil tumbles on slowing Chinese demand, U.S.-China trade spat
- Man United wins opener against Leicester City
- Arsenal Vs Manchester City: 3 Key Battles To Watch Out For
- Koepka and Schwartzel match record low score at US PGA Championship