And, as usual, there were goals, as Salah's 19th-minute opener was followed by a double from Mane, whose second of the afternoon was assisted quite brilliantly by Firmino.
Here are five talking points from the game...
Keita feels a lot of good work was done over pre-season and now Liverpool must show it against West Ham.
The Republic of Ireland global is expected to play a prominent role in Martin O'Neill's side's bid to reach Euro 2020, having made an instant impression in his first few outings.
But in Keita they have found exactly that.
A quick glance on social media suggests Liverpool fans are already in love with their new midfielder.
A lot of rival fans thought - or, rather, hoped - that Salah would suffer from the fabled hard second season syndrome. What was it like working with him? So if the injuries respect him, alone he will make the difference.
The reds had dropped down the gears but always looked like they had the fourth goal in them.
To go through every game, and through most training sessions, with the goalkeeper is key to be able to give their best during the game. The technical players make the difference and Jack is the special player that makes different things.
The Egypt global had been involved in a tangle with Ramos a few minutes earlier, an incident which many accused the Madrid man of instigating, as Madrid went on to win 3-1.
A positive performance and should keep his place. But the £67m Brazilian exuded calmness behind an untroubled defence and found a teammate with all but one of his passes, helping the side play out from the back.
From a West Ham point of view, how do you think we did out of ten?
While City have not spent as much as Liverpool in this window, they have been among the biggest spenders in the English top-flight for a few years now and a majority of their squad looks likely to remain the same in the years to come. In the latter stages of the World Cup, England lacked leadership and stamina in the middle of the park and James Milner is the man who can offer all of that, along with an incredible passing range.
- Annual Meteor Shower Peaks This Weekend
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 9: up to 1TB storage, all-day battery
- Twin California wildfires become state's largest in history
- Tottenham boss Pochettino happy to keep Alderweireld
- How Spotify works with Samsung devices: New partnership and benefits explained
- Samsung to launch Galaxy Home smart speaker in challenge to Apple's HomePod
- White House Describes Military 'Space Force,' Aims To Create It By 2020
- State of emergency declared ahead of Charlottesville anniversary
- Polish churchman welcomes Pope's opposition to death penalty
- JUST IN: Paul Pogba 'agrees five-year deal with Barcelona'