Manchester City's Bernardo Silva celebrates with teammate Raheem Sterling, right, after scoring his side's second goal during the English Premier League soccer match between Arsenal and Manchester City at the Emirates stadium in London, England, Sunday, Aug. 12, 2018.
There's plenty more to come, but this was a pleasing start.
City have now lost only one away game in the league - at Liverpool - of their last 21, and manager Pep Guardiola felt their performance was close to flawless.
"Arsene is more about leaving the freedom to the players to decide how they want to do the actions, how they feel in that moment", said Cech.
The new Arsenal manager has revealed that he's had to deploy Danny Welbeck on the left side of his defence in training because of injuries to Sead Kolasinac and Nacho Monreal.
Arsenal were pressing with more urgency than under Wenger, but City looked far more potent and Mahrez went close with a curling effort at the end of a rapid break. Here are the player ratings from the 2-0 loss.
The match can be viewed on Sky Sports Premier League in the UK.
But on the evidence of this composed display, City have every chance of emulating their rivals' achievement.
Emery opted to start Cech in goal despite bringing in Bernd Leno in the summer and stood by his decision afterward.
The anguish did not last long as Benjamin Mendy made his way to the byline and cut the ball back for Silva to emphatically find the top-left corner.
Emery can be happy with their work-rate, too.
Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham were all taught about the harsh reality of the Premier League on Saturday as all three promoted sides failed to win their opening match.
And the Arsenal manager has suggested that Cech will remain as his No.1 for the time being.
"Those are the benefits of having numbers centrally", said Carragher during the second half. For Emery, an opening game against the Premier League champions is a daunting task.
Emery was not afraid to make bold changes during the game, either. "I've got to keep improving and getting more goals".
"And the first away game at Arsenal, nobody can tell me it's not complicated. To help positions across the team with positive spirit".
- Polish churchman welcomes Pope's opposition to death penalty
- Erdogan warns Trump Ankara may seek ‘new friends’
- Tottenham boss Pochettino happy to keep Alderweireld
- Jose Mourinho: Every Premier League match will be tough this season
- Tiger prowling for first major title in decade after Koepka falters
- Liverpool Star Urges Reds To Show Pre-Season Results Against West Ham
- Arsenal Vs Manchester City: 3 Key Battles To Watch Out For
- Liverpool have improved but need to be more clinical, Klopp says
- Koepka and Schwartzel match record low score at US PGA Championship
- Trump doubles metal tariffs on Turkey as lira falls by 20%