"Emery has had longer with his team than anyone else - they've largely all been together for the whole of pre-season - and they could potentially cause an upset against City on day one".
Emery's men struggled to break down a typically solid City back four, which possessed the new centre-back partnership of Laporte and John Stones.
Bernardo Silva emphatically crashed City's second into the top corner in the 64th minute after his team came through some nervy moments early in the second half.
"We played a high level considering the lack of physical condition for numerous players who arrived back late after the World Cup", he said.
"We are happy. It was a fantastic win for us".
"We are delighted with him and would like Raheem to stay", Guardiola added of the player who scored 18 league goals last term.
When asked if City had fashioned a flawless performance, Guardiolan told the BBC's Match Of The Day: "Yes".
The Gunners were far too structured and predictable, nearly robotic as they consistently played short passes out from the back at every opportunity. They show me on the green stuff (the pitch).
"It's just one of those things".
They know that all too well at the Emirates. And we count on him. Every club in the Premier League will be taking their best shot against City this season, but, if it's even possible, they are more stacked than they were last season. "Hopefully we can convince him to be calm and forget a bit the social media and focus on what he has to do".
City's excellence underlined the size of the task facing new Arsenal boss Emery as the Gunners begin life without Arsene Wenger.
While others bemoaned their lack of signings and questioned their club hierarchy's pre-season preparations, most notably Guardiola's nemesis in the red half of Manchester Jose Mourinho, the Catalan had nothing but praise for his squad and his employers, saying: "I can not complain for one minute".
"Today is the first step". But in these two moments in the match, we need to work. The same when we are thinking defensively, I want our strikers to be thinking: "We need to protect the goalkeepers". I can't back City at odds-on, so I'll go for Draw / Man City in the Half Time / Full Time market at [5.8]. This process is normal. As a result, Ainsley Maitland-Niles could deputise for the time being, and Emery confirmed he is looking at the young, versatile player as an option.
- Jose Mourinho: Every Premier League match will be tough this season
- Samsung to launch Galaxy Home smart speaker in challenge to Apple's HomePod
- Tottenham boss Pochettino happy to keep Alderweireld
- Tiger prowling for first major title in decade after Koepka falters
- Liverpool have improved but need to be more clinical, Klopp says
- Trump doubles steel & aluminum tariffs on Turkey
- Trump doubles metal tariffs on Turkey as lira falls by 20%
- Polish churchman welcomes Pope's opposition to death penalty
- Rescuers struggling to reach survivors of deadly Indonesian quake
- State of emergency declared ahead of Charlottesville anniversary