Our friends over at Entertainment Weekly revealed the first official shot of Brie Larson's Captain Marvel in costume this morning, and shortly thereafter they revealed a ton of new images from the film, as well.
The 28-year-old looks fierce in a skin-tight blue and red body suit with her blonde curls tumbling over her shoulders. Now fans can be relatively sure that the green and black costume is the Starforce uniform, while Captain Marvel's costume, at some point, becomes almost identical to its comic book counterpart.
After all Nick Fury is in Captain Marvel and the next movie in the MCU time line is 2008's Iron Man. The film will bridge the gaps between Infinity War and Infinity War 2 (or whatever it may be called) as Captain Marvel was teased by the former's after credits scene.
Captain Marvel was briefly referenced at the end of Avengers Infinity War when Nick Fury contacted her via a device, just before he turned to ash.
Unlike all of Marvel's other solo superhero movies, Captain Marvel isn't exactly about a person learning how to become heroic, but rather about its titular hero discovering just who and what she really is. Captain Marvel is in theaters on March 8, 2019. With Kevin Feige saying the film takes cues from '90s action movies like Terminator 2: Judgment Day, that sounds right to us. In one image, they are walking out of the ocean, led by Talos (Ben Mendelsohn).
Having met the Kree race in the Guardians of the Galaxy, MCU fans will also find Djimon Hounsou reprising his role of Korath, a Kree ally as well as Ronan's ally and Ronan the Accuser, played by Lee Pace will appear in Captain Marvel. Among those joining the cast also include Jude Law, Gemma Chan and Annette Bening. Instead, it will pick up with Danvers already having her superpowers. "She can't help but be herself", Larson told EW.
Captain Marvel will be Marvel's first female-led superhero film, and it sounds like the lead character is up to the task. Why not request her help during the Battle of NY during the first The Avengers movie?
The shoot for Captain Marvel wrapped up in July as Brie Larson had then shared a post hinting the same on Twitter.
- Khalil Mack makes Chicago Bears legit threat in NFC North
- In U.S. Open Upset, Roger Federer ‘Couldn’t Get Air’
- New UEFA Nations League is major money-maker 09/06/2018
- IFA 2018: Lenovo expands ThinkPad, Yoga series, new Chromebook lineup
- Trump says Defense Secretary Mattis to keep his job
- Samsung launches pre-orders for Galaxy Note 9 in India
- McCain 'Partially to Blame' for White House Flag Says GOP Sen
- Damning new book depicts 'crazytown' Trump White House
- President Donald Trump Addresses His Reaction to Senator John McCain's Death
- Thousands line up to say goodbye to John McCain