Paramedics found the rapper dead in his Los Angeles home, a local fire department spokeswoman said.
"Mac Miller was an exceptionally gifted young artist".
Miller's real name was Malcolm McCormick and he was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on January 19, 1992. "Mac's drinking and drug use was an issue that was no secret to anyone in the family". Those charges followed a crash in May. Shortly after his vehicle accident and arrest that same month, Grande tweeted "pls take care of yourself".
In May, he was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI), after totalling his auto and fleeing the scene.
For two years, the rapper had a highly publicized relationship with singer Ariana Grande.
Throughout his prolific career he collaborated with Anderson.Paak, Ty Dolla Sign, Ariana Grande, Flying Lotus, Thundercat, Kendrick Lamar, and many more. Miller had skyrocketed to fame eight years ago with the release of his mixtape, "K.I.D.S. (Kickin' Incredibly Dope S--)", which earned him a contract with Rostrum Records. The two remained friends, with Miller gushing about her single "No Tears Left To Cry". "I've never had the relationship talk on a show before", she said. "I am not a babysitter or a mother and no woman should feel that they need to be". One song, "Hurt Feelings", was released as a promotional video to help promote Miller's latest album "Swimming", which was released early last month. The 13-track album, Swimming, had received high accolades. "It's odd. Like, the whole thing is a little unusual but it's not negative", Miller said. "It's a stellar - if somewhat overlong - artistic statement", critic Hannah Mylrea said. "That's why I wrote this song, told myself to hold on..."
Miller was scheduled to launch a U.S. tour next month, and had tweeted about it on Thursday.
- Tillis delivers opening statement at Supreme Court Hearing
- India signs crucial pact with United States on access to latest defence tech
- New UEFA Nations League is major money-maker 09/06/2018
- Damning new book depicts 'crazytown' Trump White House
- Tropical Storm Gordon blew tree onto mobile home, killing child inside
- Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing Day 2
- In U.S. Open Upset, Roger Federer ‘Couldn’t Get Air’
- ‘Giant’ Romelu Lukaku credited with inspiring Man United victory
- "Handmaids" are protesting at Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing
- First official look at Brie Larson as Captain Marvel is looking marvelous