It's hard to imagine Gruden looking even more out of touch, but if Mack keeps playing this way things are going to get even worse for the egotistical coach.
Meanwhile, Rodgers had only one first-quarter completion, which tied for his fewest in the opening frame since 2014 in Week 17 where he had zero against the Lions. The Bears were more than willing to pay the price, but they also got a little back, too.
"Aaron Rodgers was remarkable".
That Rodgers has chewed up the Bears in recent years is certainly part of the reason Mack is now in Chicago. After jumping out to a 20-0 lead, Aaron Rodgers led a miraculous comeback and sent the Bears home with a 24-23 defeat.
At halftime, Stacey Dales of the NFL Network reported that Rodgers was questionable to return with a knee injury. Mack is going to continue to play Pro Bowl-caliber football for the Bears for the foreseeable future.
Affording Mack and Rodgers might have been committing to cap purgatory.
With knee covered only in a sleeve, an MRI having cleared any ligament tear, but the pain still throbbing, Rodgers began his second-half dissection of the Bears' defense - led by a scorching-hot Khalil Mack in the first half of his Bears debut.
"You know we talked about finishing and we didn't do that", Nagy said. Does this help us win? I was proud to see what we did as a defense. "He'll be hard on himself because of who he is, but I wouldn't want it any other way". But we're here to win now.
"A lot of adverse situations occurred in that second half", cornerback Tramon Williams said.
They would play alongside leading tackler Blake Martinez in the Packers' base 3-4 defense.
The Packers plan to run more tests on their QB on Monday, though Rodgers seems to think his availability for next week's game against Minnesota is a foregone conclusion. Toomer, a fifth-year player, was signed by the Packers was last week after being cut by the San Francisco 49ers. But late in the game, he missed and/or rushed some throws and looked like a different quarterback.
While Packers fans feared the worst, Rodgers surprised nearly everyone by coming out on the sideline for the second half.
- Woodward on Anonymous NYT Op-Ed: 'I Wouldn’t Have Used It'
- Nokia's penta-lens smartphone shows up once again in leaked image
- Hurricane Lane grows to category 5 as it heads toward Hawaii
- Bears unveil Mack at Packers in primetime opener
- Sen. Harris questions Judge Kavanaugh again on Mueller Investigation (C-SPAN)
- Goldman Sachs pulls back on bitcoin trade plans
- Leak claims cases for new iPhones found in Walmart
- Galaxy users get advanced access to the much anticipated Fortnite Android beta
- Goldman Sachs CFO About Its Bitcoin Trading Desk Roll Back:"Fake News"
- Serena Williams to meet Japanese 20-year-old in US Open final