Over the past week, those hopes have been updated with visions of No. 52 causing nightmares for No. 12. There was no shortage of drama as the Packers overturned a 20-0 deficit to beat the Chicago Bears and start the season 1-0.
Well the dream was just that for a few hours Sunday night, then it turned into a nightmare.
The momentum swung completely in the Packers' favor after they forced the Bears into a three-and-out late in the third quarter.
Getty Chicago Bears pass-rusher Khalil Mack.
There is a very delicate balance for McCarthy to find in play-calling, and I don't want to make it sound obvious or easy.
Bears K Cody Parkey's 32-yard field goal put the Bears up, 23-17, with 2:39 to go. The Rams' idea was to acquire Mack, pay him what he was looking for but then trade him next offseason, knowing they couldn't afford him beyond 2018. Rodgers stepped back in shotgun and was sacked.
As for the Raiders, they traded Khalil Mack to the Bears on September 1 in a deal that has already made fans in Oakland wince.
Several members of the training staff surrounded Rodgers on the field.
Kizer was the Packers' quarterback for two series and produced two of the most embarrassing turnovers I've ever seen. He caught a career-high seven touchdowns last season, but set career-lows with 48 receptions, 96 targets and 680 yards.
Trubisky started off great in the two scripted drives by the Bears, completing eight-of-nine passes for 99 yards and a touchdown.
Despite a gloomy outlook at the time of his injury, Rodgers came back into the game on the Packers' first drive of the second half.
Derek Carr has largely been an afterthought for fantasy after struggling in 2017, but he was considered one of the best young quarterbacks in the game at this time past year.
- Goldman Sachs pulls back on bitcoin trade plans
- PATRIOTS NOTEBOOK: Its time for Tom vs. the Texans
- Far right expects gains as Swedes vote in uncertain election
- Hurricane Lane grows to category 5 as it heads toward Hawaii
- Packers open season against Bears at Lambeau Field
- Rep. Sean Duffy speaks out against Nike ad
- Woodward on Anonymous NYT Op-Ed: 'I Wouldn’t Have Used It'
- Trump Knocks Woodward Book As ‘Total Joke,’ Vows To Write ‘Real Book’
- Vivo V11 Pro: Unboxing And First Impression
- Trump urges ‘incredible’ people in Carolinas to take precautions for Hurricane Florence