'You can use most of the uses ... on foldable status.
In a statement to CNBC, head of mobile at Samsung, DJ Koh said it was "time to deliver" after their research found that people really did want it. A folding phone could differentiate it from its competitors and potentially allow it to charge a higher price for the unique device.
As Samsung is a serious seller of shows to Apple, stories safe furthermore circulated suggesting it used to be developing flexible shows for iPhones, but not necessarily a foldable version. Giving the option to users to carry around a phone that doubles as a tablet could be a great idea, providing it can stand out from the other tablets.
Samsung was rumored to launch its first-ever foldable for a couple of years, but Samsung kept delaying the phone's arrival.
It remains to be seen, though, if this change in strategy is going to achieve the intended results.
In reality, it's not likely to be on shelves this year but Samsung might preview it at the Samsung Developer Conference in November in San Francisco.
DJ Koh told CNBC that the development process for foldable phones was "complicated" but added that the company had "nearly concluded" it.
Instead of introducing new technology into the flagship Galaxy S and Note series of devices, Koh said Samsung will look to bring in cutting-edge features to its cheaper models first. "Even unfolded, what more or much less revenue does that give when when put next with the tablet?" Samsung is yet to reveal details about the four camera smartphone.
While Koh didn't go into specifics about the device, he did boast that it would wow consumers and that anyone who uses the device will immediately understand why Samsung made it. Samsung previously said that it expected the phone to be released in 2018, but recent reports say it may arrive in early 2019. It seems both the tech has reached the point where it's possible, and the company says it has done consumer surveys that prove the market is interested in this type of phone.
- Serena Williams to meet Japanese 20-year-old in US Open final
- Russian and Syrian jets pound Idlib province after summit
- Sen. Harris questions Judge Kavanaugh again on Mueller Investigation (C-SPAN)
- Rep. Sean Duffy speaks out against Nike ad
- 'Extremely Dangerous' Florence On Track to Hit East Coast As Major Hurricane
- Goldman Sachs pulls back on bitcoin trade plans
- Trump Knocks Woodward Book As ‘Total Joke,’ Vows To Write ‘Real Book’
- New leaked photos show Apple's low-priced 'iPhone Xc'
- Longtime Dem loses to left-wing challenger in primary upset
- Woodward on Anonymous NYT Op-Ed: 'I Wouldn’t Have Used It'