The big event is taking place at the iconic Steve Jobs Theatre with Apple boss Tim Cook expected to reveal the latest news from 6pm BST tonight.
The new top model is expected to have a 6.5-inch screen with an edge-to-edge display and be called the iPhone X Plus or Max.
Apple seeks to keep its new smartphone releases under wraps, but a spate of last minute leaks have revealed significant details about the new handsets.
The file also confirmed the rumour about the Apple Watch Series 4 having two new watches that are bigger - 40mm and 44mm, respectively. While Xs will be an advanced version of the iPhone X, iPhone XC will be its low-priced version.
With a 5.8-inch screen, it will be an advanced version of the iPhone X, which was launched in September, 2017. The phone shown in the ad is different from the phone in an earlier dual-SIM iPhone leak, so we may be looking at different models or an inaccurate leak.
As far as the iPhone XS, iPhone XS Plus and the iPhone XC are concerned, here is what we expect. This year there will be a new option. The iPhone XS Max will come with a 6.5-inch screen, the largest Apple has ever attempted.
Face ID will likely be offered across all 3 models, though the cheaper iPhone is unlikely to have the pressure-sensitive "force touch" feature that lets users call up menus by long pressing on the screen.
Apple Inc. rose the most in five weeks on heavier-than-average volume as investors piled in on the eve of the company's annual iPhone introduction.
Renders are always nice and we could clearly see that the new design with a larger display we heard so much about was going to become a reality, but marketing renders aren't always a perfectly accurate representation of what a product will look like in the real world. Ben Gaskin has also leaked the SIM trays of the 6.1-LCD model of the iPhone 9/iPhone Xr/iPhone Xc.
A faster processor, better battery life and faster charging are also expected along with one suggestion that this gadget will be refilled via USB-C and not Apple's standard Lightning cable.
However, industry analysts say new Apple products will come with slight upgrades and they are not expecting revolutionary new features.
Apple will take the wraps off its iPhone lineup, amongst other things, during an event this September 12th, making it a big day for the company, its carrier partners and the industry as a whole.
- The force of Hurricane Florence | Register
- Bob Woodward's Book Goes on Sale as Ex-Trump Aides Push Back
- Cohn Calls Woodward Book 'Inaccurate' But Does Not Detail Specifics
- Trump Disputes Book's Portrayal Of White House Dysfunction
- Trump urges ‘incredible’ people in Carolinas to take precautions for Hurricane Florence
- Woodward on Anonymous NYT Op-Ed: 'I Wouldn’t Have Used It'
- 'Extremely Dangerous' Florence On Track to Hit East Coast As Major Hurricane
- Sasse returns from Supreme Court hearings
- First Advisories Sent for Hurricane Florence in South and North Carolina, Virginia
- Apple says China tariffs would hit Apple Watch, Air Pods