For example, there is no mention of the Israel lobby's efforts to influence Trump on the Iran nuclear deal or of the role of far-right John Bolton, who assumed the position of national security advisor in March 2018 while Woodward's book was still in progress. Woodward said the president's staff tried to explain that this is a defensive measure.
And then the bombshell New York Times anonymous an op-ed titled "I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration" created a storm another the Trump administration.
"Let's talk about your process a little bit because we live in an era where the president talks about fake news".
The wave of Trump-related books will continue for the foreseeable future.
"Cohn cited no specific objections to Woodward's extensive reporting of his private views that Trump needed to be saved from his most risky impulses", Axios reports. Trump asked, according to Woodward.
A White House official has said Trump was just venting over the essay and wasn't ordering federal prosecutors to take action. "But in the end, President Trump is the one who decides, and he has shown himself more than capable of doing so".
In a statement last week, Mattis called the book "fiction" and said that "the contemptuous words about the president attributed to me in Woodward's book were never uttered by me or in my presence".
Trump has also told associates privately he wanted tough-minded lawyers who are "attentive to his interests", according to the report, though the White House counsel seeks to safeguard the overall interests of the presidency.
Bob Woodward, associate editor of the Washington Post, has recently published an explosive book on the current U.S. presidency.
But can he say whether his current work will play a similar role in Trump's political future?
On Monday, Stephen Colbert interviewed the author that he's deemed "the master of horror": not Stephen King, but the legendary investigative reporter Bob Woodward.
He said the book was "the product of someone's rich imagination". And with the release of Fear today, the coming days will likely only see even more revelations coming to the surface.
- 5 choses qu’Apple n’a pas précisées durant sa keynote
- Djokovic back at the top of the tennis mountain
- Hurricane Florence Is a 'No-Kidding Nightmare' in These New Astronaut Photos
- Bob Woodward's Book Goes on Sale as Ex-Trump Aides Push Back
- Apple's newest iPhone could have big screen, big price
- Got $1,100? Apple shows off its most expensive iPhone yet
- Hurricane Florence's path: Track the storm here
- Dual SIM iPhones might be a thing soon, new leak shows
- Apple event: Product launch starts with Apple Watch Series 4
- The force of Hurricane Florence | Register