With the launch of the iPhone XS, Apple also advances some existing features, such as making face recognition operate faster than before, with the phone's TrueDepth perception in its front camera.
Aside from the 40mm and 44mm size options and the short-but-punchy naming strategy, the sitemap update suggested that the new Apple Watch will come in Global Positioning System and GPS/cellular connectivity varieties, and that it will be offered in the three classic colors most commonly associated with the iPhone, namely silver, space gray, and gold. According to the company, it is the industry's first chipset that works on 7nm process.
This gives the phone up to 15% faster performance cores and up to 50% faster graphics performance.
The camera has been improved as well. The camera has Smart HDR, 4K video recording up to 60fps and stereo audio recording. This time Apple has also given dual SIM support.
"I am going to go out on a limb and say the XR is going to become Apple's top-selling iPhone", said analyst Patrick Moorhead of Moor Insights. And of course, there's a new Gold color option.
Xs Max will be more expensive, starting from £1,099.
The new device comes with up to 512GB of storage memory for those who don't want to rely on cloud storage.
This even-bigger iPhone, which will be available on September 21 - with orders open the week before - represents Apple's attempt to feed consumers' appetite for increasingly larger screens as they rely on smartphones to watch and record video, as well as take photos wherever they are.
Apple is calling this the Liquid Retina display, and it has bezels slightly thicker than the iPhone Xs and Xs Max.
The new watch can also detect falls and contact emergency officials. The iPhone XR will start at $749. The displays have a 60% greater dynamic range than the iPhone X, great for viewing the details of photos. It is also running on the new 7nm A12 Bionic Chip and it retains the same 12MP f/1.8 main camera that's assisted with OIS.
The iPhone is still Apple's most-important product, generating about two-thirds of revenue.
The iPhone XR will be available starting at $1029 CAD and customers will be able to pre-order iPhone XR beginning Friday, October 19 with availability beginning Friday, October 26.
The new Series 4 Apple Watch has several unusual new features in addition to the anticipated larger screen, including a heart rate monitor capable of taking an electrocardiogram (ECG) and another that detects falls.
- Gov. Northam issues mandatory evacuation for portion of Hampton Roads, Eastern Shore
- Local woman stays in North Carolina despite arrival of Hurricane Florence
- Hurricane Florence is about to make landfall in North Carolina
- Hurricane Florence Makes Landfall in North Carolina
- President Trump on Hurricane Florence: 'Get out of its way'
- IPhone XS Max could be the new 6.5-inch Apple smartphone
- Florence weakens to Category 2 hurricane but still life-threatening: NHC
- New Stats Support Umpire Carlos Ramos In Dispute With Serena Williams
- Hurricane Florence Poised to Hit, Sit on US East Coast
- Hurricane Florence's winds and rain begin lashing Carolinas