Watford boss Javi Gracia, though, warned his side of under-estimating United. They'd even seen off the same Spurs side who had previously hammered United last time out.
The result leaves Watford fourth, while United climb to eighth.
Jose rocked up to this morning's press conference with a prepared list of stats regarding Marcus Rashford's involvement, following a discussion on Sky Sports after England's win over Switzerland that Rashford would be best off leaving Old Trafford in search of regular first-team action as a striker. This was a tricky match too against an in-form Watford, but the Portuguese boss masterminded a solid away-day display to claim back-to-back victories on the road.
Paulo Dybala is being lined up by Juventus as a makeweight in a bid to re-sign Paul Pogba.
However, while Belgium midfielder Fellaini was involved in both goals, it was a Frenchman who was United's heartbeat. Subs: Femenia 6, Masina n/a, Success n/a.
De Gea, Valencia, Lindelof, Smalling, Young, Matic, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Sanchez, Lukaku. Subs: Martial 6, McTominay n/a.
"That's his problem, that's his relation (ship) with the media - not with me". But, before the usual frenzy of Man United matches kicks in, we should first take a deeper look at the previous worldwide break. Lukaku steered Ashley Young's cross into the net with his chest in the 35th minute.
38' - GOAL! Watford 0-2 Man United.
Paul Pogba, who had three first-half chances, almost doubled two minutes later, but his attempt was pushed over the crossbar by goalkeeper Ben Foster.
He might not have been able to help United keep a clean sheet, but he made a vital impact at the other end and was generally in charge at the back, dealing with the typically hard Deeney particularly well for the most part. Matic receives his second yellow for barging into Hughes on the right.
A fierce shot from Andre Gray on 65 minutes, following Abdoulaye Doucoure's cut-back, ignited the second half but United held on with David de Gea saving impressively from Christian Kabasele's header in the final seconds. The English striker has scored 32 goals for Manchester United in 126 matches in all competitions.
Watford captain Troy Deeney revealed this week that players are fined £100 per minute for being late for training. The Hornets have lost 15 of those encounters.
These two matches showed he can be a great asset in years to come and not just because of goals.
- 'Uninvited brute': Hurricane Florence pounds the Carolinas
- Slow-Moving Florence Causing Major Flooding As It Swirls Over Carolinas
- The Buzz | Tropical bands from Florence begin lashing Carolinas
- Florence, a Wet and Unwanted Visitor, Besieges Carolinas
- Storm Florence: The impact in numbers
- Cleveland natives make it home as Hurricane Florence cancels thousands of flights
- Companies Are Warned Over Rising Number of Young Vapers
- Hurricane Florence strengthens to Category 4, SC coast to be evacuated
- Hurricane Florence: North Carolina devastated by ‘CATASTROPHIC’ floods
- 'Relentless rains' continue as Florence almost stalls over Carolinas