"I can open the eye again", Firmino told Juergen Klopp, according to his manager after the 3-2 victory. "I sent him a message on Monday saying: 'Hey Bobby, come on, we need you'".
"It's a great start".
The Liverpool star gave an underwhelming performance against PSG and his grave mistake at the 83rd minute that led to the opponents' second goal topped off his bleak showing.
Edison Cavani was offside in the build-up to Thomas Meunier's fine finish at the far post, while Mohamed Salah's carelessness in possession was punished as Neymar slipped in Mbappe.
What were Di Maria and Marquinhos doing in positions that they normally don't play in?
PSG boss Thomas Tuchel, however, believes his team were hard done by last night, claiming the result was "not logical or correct", going by the teams' performances. "It is very important for us to keep going on our good run", he said, as quoted by Sky Sports.
"Neymar is world-class but not a defender, so we tried to do that".
"It shows we have so much quality".
"We scored wonderful goals, they were thunderballs".
The Egyptian was subbed off shortly after the mistake and was replaced by Xherdan Shaqiri.
"When you are in that situation as a player, and it looks like your days could be numbered, there is only a way back if you really want it". "We have to be as professional as we can and try to recover as fast as we can".
The Reds begin their Champions League campaign with a home tie against PSG on Tuesday and Klopp says he is not at all anxious by Salah and Mané's form in front of goal against Spurs. "This morning he came in and said 'I'm fine'".
Europe is the final frontier for PSG, as they have flattered to deceive in the UEFA Champions League for a number of years now. This is not the start they had hoped for to their European campaign.
- GOP senator wants Kavanaugh, accuser to testify
- Texas man rescues 6 dogs during Hurricane Florence rescue missions
- Beach Town's Main Drag Empty Ahead of Hurricane Florence
- Trump feels 'terribly' for Kavanaugh
- What to pack for a trip to the moon
- Brett Kavanaugh's friend Mark Judge declines to testify about alleged sexual assault
- Roberto Firmino is a doubt for Liverpool's Champions League opener
- Carragher: Eden Hazard is the Premier League’s best player
- Cartoon depicting Serena Williams at US Open causes new round of outrage
- Apple Watch, AirPods may be spared from Trump’s China tariffs