Despite being just 19 years old, Mbappe has already enjoyed an immensely successful career, scoring 57 goals in 120 club appearances and bagging nine goals in 26 caps for France.
"It was fantastic. I said to Daniel before the game he is the best shape since I've known him, physically, and now he had to use it - and that's what he did". "You can bring Bobby Firmino on and that helps a lot. I texted him saying: 'You don't need your eye!'"
The manager put him on the bench, but brought him on with 20 minutes to go and he scored the added-time victor to extend Liverpool's 100 per cent record to six matches. Nasser Al-Khelaifi has invested well over a £1billion since his takeover in 2011 with the ultimate ambition of turning the then under-performing Ligue 1 club into the biggest and best in Europe. "I thought he was different class for 70 minutes - he was brilliant", Robertson said. "We have to keep going". However, Firmino suffered an eye injury in Liverpool's 2-1 win over Tottenham over the weekend and is unlikely to play on Tuesday.
Klopp will also decide on which midfield trio he will start with; Naby Keita, Georginio Wijnaldum and James Milner have started four of Liverpool's five games this term and seem to be the German's first choice threesome.
The triumph extended Liverpool's ideal start to the 2018-19 season, but Gomez warned against complacency.
"The team that have really impressed me is Liverpool, they do look the real deal", Shearer wrote in his column for Coral. "Finally, we scored the third goal which was very important for the team". It shows you the quality we've got in the squad. Obviously it's big for us to compete against teams like that.
That is why Klopp handed him his first start in a Reds shirt since November 2017 because, when you get Daniel fit and firing, you can not ignore him. No game is easy.
French newspaper L'Equipe came over all historical on Tuesday morning as they produced a mock up of Paris Saint-Germain's star players as The Beatles ahead of their appearance in Liverpool. If the Reds are to end their long wait for a Premier League title, the key will not necessarily be to beat City when they go head to head but to match City's ability to brush aside lesser teams and routinely accumulate points.
Sturridge was not the only Liverpool player to impress me, but Klopp had more than just individual performances to be pleased about.
- Australia's needle-in-strawberry scare widens
- Chicago Bears' Defense Too Much For Seattle Seahawks On MNF: Twitter Reacts
- Christine Blasey Ford Says FBI Should Investigate Kavanaugh Before She Testifies
- What is the FBI's role in the Kavanaugh allegations?
- Irish border highlights differences that remain between Britain, EU on Brexit deal
- Kavanaugh accuser has until Friday to decide if she'll testify
- GOP senator wants Kavanaugh, accuser to testify
- Liverpool has goal disallowed after PSG keeper takes cleat to groin
- President Trump visits Carolinas
- Jimmy Butler requests trade, 76ers could be highly interested