Liverpool's style of play has seen them earn mass praise, but the lingering sentiment is that a piece of silverware needs to be clinched if they are to make a clear statement of intent - a sentiment shared by Klopp.
Elsewhere, Burnley earned their first victory of the season by thrashing Bournemouth, Leicester came from behind to beat Huddersfield and Crystal Palace and Newcastle played out a goalless draw at Selhurst Park. "The second half was better but you could argue that they were quite happy with the situation at 3-0 to the good".
"I had an idea and it didn't work out 100 per cent". It will be tough, but for all of us. We knew the two tall boys in the centre would play so we thought to bring [Salah] there.
"He tried everything. We only had problem in defensive [situations], offensive it was a good idea".
Salah avoided the worst drought of his short Liverpool career in first-half added time thanks to his anticipation and no shortage of Shaqiri brilliance, netting his 30th goal in his last 31 Anfield appearances.
Firmino, Shaqiri and Matip replace Sturridge, Milner and Gomez. Summer signings Fabinho and Xherdan Shaqiri could both be handed starts if Klopp does decide to rest players ahead of Wednesday's League Cup match against Chelsea.
"Finishing is something you can never take for granted".
Klopp is expected to recall Roberto Firmino to the starting eleven after he shrugged off an eye problem to come off the bench and score the victor in midweek while Naby Keita is also set to come back in to midfield. "It's my job to sometimes deliver news nobody wants to hear", said the German.
"That's how it was at half-time, but he is a fantastic boy". The start was good for the team and also him as well. "That's good. He was good and I liked it".
Liverpool have a free-kick 30 yards from goal, Shaqiri unleashes a brilliant effort which rattles the bar and it's Salah who reacts quickest to tap home the rebound, with the ball having nearly crossed the line on its way down from the crossbar.
- Ford lawyers say she is open to testifying, but not Monday
- Klopp: Beating Paris Saint Germain proved Liverpool can reach next level
- Benalla tente de se disculper mais sans convaincre totalement — Sénat
- Walmart warns Trump that new China tariffs could mean price hikes
- Everything you need to know about all of Amazon’s new devices
- SC governor estimates losses from Florence at $1.2B
- New evacuations ordered because of Florence flooding
- President Trump visits Carolinas
- Mitch McConnell Says Republicans Will 'Plow Right Through' Nominating Brett Kavanaugh
- Brett Kavanaugh: what is he accused of, and what happens next?