However, we aren't exactly sure what hardware is powering the Oculus Quest to accomplish this. Courtesy of wide-angle sensors built into the headset, it also offers "six degrees of freedom", allowing you to stand up and move around virtual space. The Oculus Touch controllers have also been slightly tweaked, and they are also compatible with Rift.
The Oculus Quest will launch in the spring of 2019 for US$399 for a 64GB model. The Quest will most certainly be running a more powerful processor than the Snapdragon 821 featured in the Go, but again, we don't yet know which processor will be included.
After the announcement, this change to the app was made immediately available today. You'll just have to sit tight for now.
"This isn't a question of whether we are going to get there, it is how", Zuckerberg said while acknowledging the path may be longer than first expected.
For starters, this isn't your usual Oculus device. The headset also works without the need to connect it to a PC, which the current Oculus Rift requires. It utilizes the inside-out tracking method with the help of four ultra-wide cameras that scan all the objects within one's environment in order to deliver accurate real-time positioning capability to the headset. However, Oculus Insight is a little different. You can get it from your preferred retailer through the official website.
Zuckerberg acknowledged that VR has not yet caught on with the majority of consumers, despite heavy investment from venture capitalists and tech companies like Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and Taiwan smartphone maker HTC.
To create an immersive VR gaming experience without wires, Oculus has decided it needs to bring Oculus Touch to Oculus Quest. While Facebook didn't reveal many more details about the launch lineup beyond that, it did confirm the device will support older Oculus games as well. Oculus Quest represents the production release of the Project Santa Cruz that was first teased almost a year ago by Facebook.
- Third Brett Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward with Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Graham unleashes his fury on Democrats in Kavanaugh hearing
- Emre Can apologises for sexist comments over Cristiano Ronaldo red card
- Donald Trump Has "No Plans" To Meet Hassan Rouhani "Despite Requests"
- Kavanaugh hearing sets stage for high-stakes lobbying in Senate
- Google is adding a slew of new features to Search
- Tiger Woods wins tournament, watches video of pundits saying he'd never win
- Google changes search engine: appears new
- Brett Kavanaugh: Supreme Court nominee 'targeted vulnerable girls' at school parties
- Russia to give Syria S-300 air defence after accusations against Israel