Not only should his nomination to the Supreme Court be withdrawn, the leader of NARAL Pro-Choice said in statement - Kavanaugh should be kicked off the federal bench altogether.
Thousands of conservatives took to social media to accuse Ford of lying to bring down Kavanaugh, who angrily and tearfully denied her accusations in a day of dramatic, high-stakes testimony from both the accused and the accuser.
"We believe her, we support her, and we thank her for her enormous bravery and patriotism", NARAL Pro-Choice America President Ilyse Hogue said in a statement. Kavanaugh seemed downright disdainful of Democrats' questions, at times returning questions about his behavior in high school and college with questions back about whether the senators drank to excess themselves.
Rachel Mitchell, who's doing the questioning for the Republicans, is speaking smoothly, but meticulously as she asks Blasey Ford about the minute details of her account. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) suggesting that Ford's testimony could have a tangible effect on sexual assault survivors across the nation.
"It's riveting, really, and that's all I'm going to say". "This is the most unethical sham since I have been in politics".
Ahead of Thursday's hearing, at least four Republican governors spoke out, three of whom called for delaying or forgoing the Senate's vote to confirm Kavanaugh altogether. One of the anonymous claims was recanted ahead of the hearing.
Kavanaugh also allegedly put his hand over Ford's mouth so she could not scream. Ford explained how she was weighing whether to come forward about the incident.
Ford also said in her opening statement that she did not have political motivations. Said Mitchell, "I just wanted to let you know, I'm very sorry". They added that Trump expressed some frustration at the process - and the staff work - that led Kavanaugh to this point.
Republicans are pushing to seat Kavanaugh before the November midterms, when Senate control could fall to the Democrats and a replacement Trump nominee could have even greater difficulty.
Graham had a message for Republicans on the panel as well, saying, "To my Republican colleagues, if you vote "no", you're legitimizing the most despicable thing that I have seen in my time in politics". She said that Kavanaugh covered her mouth to mask her screams and that at times she anxious he'd accidentally kill her.
Meanwhile, the lawyer for Deborah Ramirez, who says Kavanaugh exposed himself to her at a party when they attended Yale University, raised her profile in a round of television interviews.
- Google now builds its own AMP stories for search
- Brett Kavanaugh: Supreme Court nominee 'targeted vulnerable girls' at school parties
- Tiger Woods wins tournament, watches video of pundits saying he'd never win
- Third Brett Kavanaugh Accuser Comes Forward with Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- #WhyIDidntReport - Sexual Assault Survivors Share Stories on Twitter
- See four months of Brett Kavanaugh’s calendar from 1982
- Google is adding a slew of new features to Search
- Will change mind if allegations against Kavanaugh credible
- Trump Dismisses Claims of Second Kavanaugh Accuser, Notes She Was ‘Inebriated’
- Google changes search engine: appears new