While a spot in the front three seemed unlikely with Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane entrenched, Sturridge has again proved himself a capable goalscorer, however limited his minutes on the field may be.
Roberto Firmino saw a header hooked off the line by David Luiz as the visitors kept Chelsea pinned back, before Sturridge rescued a result with a curling strike from almost 30 yards out that left Kepa with no chance.
Another major worry for Maurizio Sarri before the Chelsea vs Liverpool game is the fitness of Pedro who the manager has claimed is the best player right now for the Blues.
"Liverpool will be stronger and Liverpool will be more intense about the game", Wright told Premier League Productions. I prefer he is fit and available and I can make decisions about whether he needs a rest in one of the other games.
The Spaniard has scored just once in the league himself this season and, although he has shown more enterprise this term under Sarri following his hard campaign under Antonio Conte, he is not a 20-goal a season forward.
It was a slick piece of play started and finished by Hazard and underlined the confidence and flair with which he is playing at present.
It will take more than Hazard's mesmerising finesse or Sarri's systemic aptitude for Chelsea to present a realistic case for their titular aspirations. They have a specific style of play, that's cool and you need to get used to it.
The Blues remain unchanged from their last league outing against West Ham, which they drew 0-0.
Sturridge, who recorded his 50th league goal for Liverpool with the leveller and his fourth of the season so far, continued: "It felt great". But no plan is flawless unfortunately and I realised that a few times when I thought I had a good one and it didn't work out.
"It's important for every club to try to pick up points and these games are important, but even if you drop points in these games it's about having the consistency throughout the whole season because this is just one game in 38 anyway".
His strike earned Liverpool a vital point and Sturridge does not feel he has scored a better goal. Kick-off takes place at 16:30 GMT.
- Apple saved on cost of display screen in newest iPhones
- Ryder Cup: Huge stand to set pulse racing but atmosphere flat-lined
- What Difference Would It Make If The FBI Were To Investigate Kavanaugh?
- The Fed Raises Rates Again
- Kavanaugh clashes with Democratic senator over yearbook entries
- Murkowski Says She Supports One-Week Delay On Kavanaugh Vote
- Facebook launches new standalone VR headset 'Oculus Quest'
- Brett Kavanaugh: Senate Judiciary Committee Vote on Supreme Court Nomination
- OnePlus 6T coming to India on October 17, alleged launch invite reveals
- Brett Kavanaugh, Trump court nominee, clears first hurdle