Mourinho is under intense pressure with a 3-1 loss at West Ham on Saturday meaning United have made their joint worst start to a Premier League season. "The player is sick of getting criticised in the media and has actually told people close to him he is better off not playing in a Mourinho team".
Sanchez wouldn't be the first creative player Mourinho has failed to get the best out of.
"Luke Shaw for example said something I agree (with), but don't agree totally (with) because I am part of it and other persons are part of it: "We players on the pitch we have to perform, we have to give more".
"That's Old Trafford. We are here to attack".
United's accounts last week revealed an 11 per cent rise in their wage bill, taking it to £295.9m, £36m more than City's.
Mourinho brushed aside concerning statistics and perceptions in Spain, while also refusing to say whether he had spoken to executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward in the wake of Saturday's defeat. Plus we're pretty sure 99.9% of Wolves fans wouldn't trade Santo for Mourinho anyway.
"Some care more than others", he said.
Sturridge has not had it easy under manager Juergen Klopp, with injuries and the form of forwards Roberto Firmino and Mohamed Salah keeping him out of the side.
Jesse Lingard, Ander Herrera, Ashley Young and Marcos Rojo missed training ahead of the match against Valencia on Tuesday.
The first question put to the Spaniard was about the lack of attention given to his LaLiga side, with a 29-minute Man Utd press conference not featuring a single question about Valencia.
- Trump says he wants ‘comprehensive’ FBI investigation of Brett Kavanaugh
- Republican hits out at ‘despicable’ treatment of Brett Kavanaugh
- Tiger Woods sleepwalks his way to four losses in Ryder Cup
- Europe wins back the Ryder Cup
- Marcelo, Gelson doubts for Real Madrid v Atletico Madrid
- President Trump touts 'historic' USMCA
- Alberta dairy farmer explains why he’s disappointed with NAFTA replacement
- How the new USMCA deal will affect you
- Hundreds of prisoners escape during deadly quake & tsunami in Indonesia
- Supreme Court starts new term as Kavanaugh, lawmakers await Federal Bureau of Investigation inquiry