Left back Marcelo was singled out for criticism in Sevilla and Real Madrid coach Julen Lopetegui has to decide whether to stick with the Brazilian, whose fitness has been questioned, or to move Nacho to the left and play Sergio Ramos and Rafael Varene in central defense.
Madrid, who have won the past three Champions League titles, started this campaign with a 3-0 win over Roma.
The Russians also drew their opening Champions League match against Viktoria Plzen, though due to the circumstances it felt more like a triumph than a disappointment.
"Yes, I think about it, especially as I am closer and closer", he said.
Second-half goals from Andre Silva and Ever Banega, who scored twice, the first from the penalty spot, set up a third straight league win for Sevilla.
The hosts then edged the second half, with young attacker Marco Asensio almost scoring with a close-range effort that was well saved by Atletico keeper Jan Oblak.
A series of decisive stops by Real Madrid's Thibaut Courtois and by Atletico Madrid's Jan Oblak made this a Madrid derby of goalkeepers and ensured that neither team was rewarded with a score.
In the end, both teams could have claimed victory but neither was perhaps too disappointed with a point.
FC Barcelona can take little pleasure from Real's midweek defeat as they were beaten by bottom of the table Leganes and the pressure is starting to build on coach Ernesto Valverde given they could only draw their last home game against Girona.
"There are two teams here and they are very big here in Madrid, and for us, it's a very special match".
"We are working to reach this level of course, and I believe at least six Atletico players would be starters in Madrid's team, but we need to remain level-headed".
Real Madrid's Nacho in action with Atletico Madrid's Juanfran. "That's three games where we haven't won, it's clear that we need to change things to start winning again", he said.
- Supply managed farmers to get compensation as a result of trade deal
- Federal Bureau of Investigation has reached out to Kavanaugh accuser Deborah Ramirez
- Trump says he wants ‘comprehensive’ FBI investigation of Brett Kavanaugh
- Ryder Cup: Huge stand to set pulse racing but atmosphere flat-lined
- John Aldridge and Ian Rush react to Liverpool point at Chelsea
- Chelsea end Liverpool’s flawless start to Premier League season
- Chelsea v Liverpool — Big Match Focus
- Brett Kavanaugh, Trump court nominee, clears first hurdle
- Republican hits out at ‘despicable’ treatment of Brett Kavanaugh
- Reaction to Europe's Ryder Cup victory over United States