The Brewers will need to sweep the Tigers and have the Cubs lose at least once over the next two days to have a chance to win the NL Central. If those are the results on Sunday then the Rockies win the division and the Dodgers travel to either Chicago or Milwaukee for Tuesday's Wild Card game.
Wild-card games on Tuesday (losers of Brewers-Cubs and Rockies-Dodgers games) and Wednesday (Athletics at Yankees) will narrow the field to eight teams, four in each league, as the chase begins in earnest for the World Series crown.
"Expecting it to be fairly hostile tomorrow", Yelich said.
"We'll be ready. This team has responded all year", said Anthony Rizzo, who homered for Chicago's run. While the Brewers, Dodgers and Rockies easily were winning their games in blowouts, the Cubs and starting pitcher Mike Montgomery fell behind the Cardinals, 2-0, in the first inning.
"I didn't feel like it was a blowout here", Maddon said.
This afternoon we are treated to not just one but two bonus baseball games.
A division title is much more fun than a Triple Crown.
The Cubs led St. Louis late in their game.
Most Valuable Player candidate Christian Yelich went 0-for-2 with two walks and scored twice.
Yelich singled home Milwaukee's first run and won the NL batting title with a.326 average.
"That's pretty cool", Yount said in the Brewers clubhouse.
"Everybody keeps [telling] me about him".
That gave the Brewers a 2-1 lead and Ryan Braun added an insurance run with an RBI single.
It's win-or-go-home tonight at 7.
The last scheduled day of the regular season will see all 15 games begin within 15 minutes of each other - a ideal setup to settle a pair of NL division races.
Obviously, it won't be easy, but Yelich has a clear path to become the first NL Triple Crown victor since Joe Medwick of the Cardinals 81 years ago. "MVP!" after Yelich's go-ahead shot in the seventh. "It's going to come down to execution like it has all year". Yelich was removed from the game during the top of the eighth and received a standing ovation from the home crowd.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation completes interview of Kavanaugh's high school friend
- The winners and losers of NAFTA 2.0
- Reactions to USMCA trade deal criticize Trudeau government's concessions
- GOP lawmakers demand 'immediate' ethics probe into leak of Ford's Kavanaugh letter
- It's a Very Scary Time for Young Men in America
- Federal Bureau of Investigation talks with school friend of U.S. Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh
- Europe roars back, reclaims Ryder Cup in victory over U.S.
- NAFTA 2.0 is just a warmup to Trump’s bout with China
- White House defends Trump after he mocks Kavanaugh sex assault accuser
- College Friend Goes to FBI With Tales of Kavanaugh’s Violent Drunken Behavior