Arsenal legend Ian Wright has sung the praises of Paul Pogba after he helped alleviate the pressure on Jose Mourinho with his superb performance in United's sensational 3-2 comeback win over Newcastle.
It remains to be seen whether the win will kickstart United's season in gear, but with the worldwide break to come, their next match isn't for two weeks.
It stunned the United fans in attendance and forced Mourinho into a series of tactical substitutions, making the first one less than 20 minutes into the game.
The visitors' goals resulted from appalling defending from a United side that has looked weak in that department all season, both coming from Newcastle throw-ins which would have been dealt with by an organised defence.
But Mourinho admitted that United's current form was unacceptable, with anything other than a victory on Saturday leaving them without a win in five consecutive home games for the first time since 1990.
Finally, Chilean striker, Alexis Sanchez, delivered the victor in the stoppage time, to give The Red Devils, a much-needed victory.
"(Here) I'm losing 2-0 at home in a very important match, the fans were wonderful, I'm grateful for that". Alexis Sanchez yo-yo trajectory from the starting lineup to the bench, and back to the pitch, only begins to describe the dysfunction at Old Trafford.
Neville will be at Old Trafford this weekend and he will be backing Mourinho. I have no doubts about that.
"I hope [he stays] because Manchester United had Sir Alex Ferguson for so long and I don't want us to become a yo-yo club with managers sacked every two years. They are playing Football Manager with the biggest club in the world". I said last season was a fantastic season for us. It's unacceptable. I have to say that Jose Mourinho will get the biggest support he's ever had in his life in that ground and I'll be there to give it to him.
Mourinho said the team had a discussion at half-time, and although they did not promise to win the game, they did vow to play as well as they could.
Newcastle are 19th in the Premier League table with two points from eight games.
"The results they had against the top teams didn't get them points yet this season, but gave them very, very close results and very hard matches for the opposition".
- LG V40 ThinQ Launched
- End discord or put Brexit at risk, May tells Tories
- Brett Kavanaugh sworn to the U.S. Supreme Court after rancorous confirmation
- Brett Kavanaugh: Key senators back embattled Supreme Court pick
- Republicans plan to confirm Trump's SC nominee Kavanaugh on weekend
- Senate To Take Decisive Vote On Kavanaugh Amid Protest From Democrats
- Brewers fans wait in rain to welcome division champs home
- Trump Despicably Mocks Dr. Christine Blasey Ford; Says She’s ‘Evil’
- 'Venom' review: Sony delivers the worst Marvel movie since 'Elektra'
- Americans, 1 British scientist win Nobel Prize in Chemistry