Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho criticised "man-hunting" and "wickedness" against him and his team and said young players such as Marcus Rashford and Scott McTominay were struggling to deal with the pressure.
After United found themselves 2-0 down to the relegation-threatened Toon Army at half-time, it looked even more bleak with the team looking like a shadow of their former selves.
But, with their weekend opponents enduring a nightmare run under Jose Mourinho, Elliott wants to see Benitez throw caution to the wind on Saturday. "All of them have been really strong every year with good managers, good players, so I don't see any fragile Manchester United team", he said. "I hope it's not true but if it is true it's an absolute disgrace". I scored I think three in a row and I left, so I said, I think I have the touch and today exactly it proved, ' he told Man Utd's official website. We have to manage situations a bit better if we can, but they were pushing and pushing and they have so many good players. "(It's like) they're playing Football Manager (a computer game) with the biggest club in the world".
The Glazer-led hierarchy at United has a long-held policy of not speaking publicly about club matters, however, and neither the Americans nor Woodward have been prepared to alter their stance, opting instead to operate a "business as usual" approach.
"I always say this, he will go one day".
But now, he's pulled a U-turn on the whole thing, urging Ashley to leave the club. It's been my life, it's given me everything and I'm not turning on my football club, but I have to say, something has to change, and it isn't the manager.
The 21-year-old was already on City's shopping list before they made a decision to chase Jorginho for most of the summer before Chelsea bought him, simply by agreeing a fee with Napoli instead of endlessly waiting for a deal to go through.
- Christine Ford's lawyers accuse Republican senators of lies
- Senate To Take Decisive Vote On Kavanaugh Amid Protest From Democrats
- Bottas didn't expect 'confusing' team orders call
- Republicans plan to confirm Trump's SC nominee Kavanaugh on weekend
- Brett Kavanaugh: Key senators back embattled Supreme Court pick
- Brewers fans wait in rain to welcome division champs home
- Vietnam donates $100000 for disaster relief work in Indonesia
- Breast Cancer the Most Widely Spread Form in Palestine
- Kavanaugh and the Senate’s Honor
- Manchester United should keep Jose Mourinho as manager - Ryan Giggs