According to the portal xakep.ru we are talking about upgrading to Windows 10 became available October 3, 2018 (room 1809). Upgrading isn't as much of a hassle as it was pre-Windows 10, and new milestone releases roll out twice a year now, but tinkering with the very core of your operating system always carries some inherent risk.
Apparently, such incidents had been reported by the testers of Windows 10 update (version 1809).
The Your Phone app has been created to work in assistance with the Android devices for the current Windows 10 October 2018 update.
Users who are not concerned by the potential threat can still download the update for testing purposes. That product reached general availability on October 2nd but the download links can no longer be found; it's not clear if these issues are related but it would appear so based on the timing. Microsoft added that it will give an additional update to customers once the Windows 10 update is made available again.
If you're one of the unlucky individuals who have encountered this problem, there are two tricks you should try to mitigate the issue and potentially get your data back. And it shouldn't be the user's responsibility to check every folder after every upgrade just in case they need to restore something.
Microsoft's track record of releasing feature updates for Windows 10 that break things for some users continues.
Also on the productivity front, the new version of Windows 10 brings AI-powered improvements to areas such as PowerPoint and Word "Ideas"-and ultimately even to Teams, where meetings can be transcribed and backgrounds can be blurred during webcam calls, Wiedower noted".
Others have pointed out that the lost files might have been hidden away somewhere - for example, in the "Windows.old" directory - but some folks who've been hit have combed through their drives and completely failed to find any sign of the vanished personal data. This new version of Windows comes with many changes and many improvements both visually and under the hood.
It's also a good idea to make sure you have a current backup of your critical data before this or any major update is performed.
- Sen. Flake to Vote 'YES' on Kavanaugh 'Unless Something Big Changes'
- Mahrez misses penalty kick as Liverpool, Man City draw
- The World Was Just Issued 12-Year Ultimatum On Climate Change
- Hazard is happy at Chelsea - Essien
- Most of the protesters arrested during Kavanaugh confirmation have been released
- Jose Mourinho drops Alexis Sanchez for huge Manchester United v Newcastle clash
- McConnell: 'We're trying to win seats,' says GOP will still challenge Manchin
- Trump declares 'tremendous victory' after Kavanaugh is sworn into Supreme Court
- La démission de Collomb acceptée, le Premier ministre chargé d'assurer l'intérim
- McConnell says Senate 'not broken' after Kavanaugh fight