Qatar Airways, in partnership with Hamad Medical Corporation (HMC), will host a programme of activities and events throughout the month of October created to raise awareness of good mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, as part of World Mental Health Day on Wednesday 10 October 2018.
Mental health is a significant issue for both people with and without diabetes.
Celebrating the 2018 World Mental Health Day, the World Health Organisation (WHO), urges regular checks for symptoms of mental illnesses beginning at a young age. "So just as I knew I had to be strong and fit to deal with the physical demands of the training, I think we should be making it easier for athletes to deal with the mental strain, too".
CWP provides a range of health services throughout the region, including community and inpatient mental health services for children and young people.
Mental Illness affects far more people than many people realize.
Jane Ashby leader of the Doncaster School Nurses team, said "Quite often families are hard for young people, so just having someone they can talk to that's not necessarily a parent but somebody they can just talk freely to is kind of what our role is".
She was recently given the "Local Hero" award by California Senator Bob Wieckowski for her "selfless and active" community leadership.
And I want to say a huge thank you to everybody here for everything you are doing to transform how we look after mental health, here in Britain but also around the world.
For many, these can be times of stress and anxiety and these feelings can lead to serious mental health if they are not recognized and managed well.
We all know someone who has been affected by mental health problems - whether a family member, a colleague or a friend. "The challenges are to help people understand that it is an illness and there are medicines and treatment available".
Celebrities around the globe have united, opening up about their personal struggles with mental illness like severe anxiety or, as in Lady Gaga's case, crippling depression.
1 in 5 Australians experience a mental health condition in a given year. But, many workers suffer in silence.
The second day of the Global Ministerial Mental Health Summit takes place in London on Wednesday. "It is for this reason that there can be no sustainable development without attention to mental health", Professor Vikram Patel of the Harvard Medical School said in a statement. "It is time to do the same for mental health". Surveys in India and China, which have a third of the global population, suggest that more than 80% of people with any mental health or substance use disorder did not seek treatment.
- The $3 Million Crowdfunding Effort To Unseat Sen. Collins In 2020
- Michael drenches the Carolinas as tropical storm
- Facebook launches Portal auto-zooming video chat screens
- Conservatives Blast Trump for Anemic Response to Saudi Journalist Jamal Khashoggi's Disappearance
- Queen Elizabeth II’s granddaughter princess Eugenie weds at Windsor Castle
- #OnTheBigScreen: Lady Gaga, a masked killer, and four single moms
- Trump says missing Saudi journalist no reason to stop investments there
- Pakistan formally requests International Monetary Fund for bailout
- Kanye West hops on table at Apple store, gives 'keynote' speech
- Take time to know your breasts during Breast Cancer Awareness month