Turkish officials believe Mr Khashoggi was killed by a team of Saudi agents inside the consulate, with his body then removed.
Turkish pro-government newspaper Sabah published preliminary evidence last week from investigators who it said had identified a 15-member Saudi intelligence team that arrived in Istanbul on diplomatic passports hours before Khashoggi disappeared.
Turkish Justice Minister Abdulhamit Gul called on the public to ignore any information that had been leaked in the missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi's case, Al-Arabiya English reported Thursday.
On Wednesday, media reported that the Turkish police had searched the residence of the Saudi consul general in Istanbul as part of the probe into the incident.
Meanwhile, another Turkish daily, Sabah, on Thursday released stills from security camera footage of another suspect.
Forensic teams had already visited the consulate once this week, going there Monday to search for clues to what happened to Khashoggi after he entered the diplomatic outpost on October 2.
Reports in Turkish media give gruesome details of what are said to be his final minutes.
The residence search came after a report by the newspaper Yeni Safak citing what it described as an audio recording of Khashoggi's slaying.
He rejected suggestions he was trying to provide cover for Saudi Arabia: "No, not at all, I just want to find out what's happening".
In an editorial, the paper called for an independent worldwide investigation into the disappearance of the journalist, saying that the travel to Saudi Arabia by State Secretary Mike Pompeo has seemed to fail to find the truth.
Over the past few days, Mr Trump has raised the possibility of "rogue killers" being behind the journalist's disappearance.
Dr Fox's withdrawal leaves Steve Mnuchen, the United States treasury secretary, as one of the last Western officials still scheduled to attend the conference after wave of cancellations.
Asked if the U.S. would be willing to walk away from Saudi Arabia, Trump said: "I do not want to do that and frankly they have a tremendous order, $110 billion", referring to a promised USA arms sales to the kingdom. "We'll have a full report when Mike [Pompeo] comes back, that's going to be one of the first questions I ask him", he said in the Oval Office.
Mnuchin sent a tweet on Thursday saying that after meeting with President Donald Trump and Secretary of State Michael Pompeo he decided not to participate in the Future Investment Initiative, an event organized by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The same man wore lapel pins, including one of the flags of Saudi Arabia and America intertwined, that other bodyguards accompanying Prince Mohammed wore on the trip.
A USA government source said that US intelligence agencies are increasingly convinced of the crown prince's culpability in the operation against Khashoggi, which they believe resulted in his death.
- Celtics Make Statement in Season Opener
- Controversial Supreme Court Justice Nominee Brett Kavanaugh Sworn In
- The US President praised China threat higher than the Russian
- Adobe Premiere Rush video editor rolls out, Android to follow
- Trump, after rogue killers comment, doubts unreleased Saudi report on Khashoggi
- Women with advanced breast cancer go to Parliament
- Trump says 'rogue killers' may be behind Khashoggi disappearance
- Canada legalises cannabis for recreational use
- Pompeo meets Saudi royal family to discuss Jamal Khashoggi's disappearance
- It's legal. In Canada, recreational marijuana gets green light