And superstar point guard Stephen Curry was not coy about the potential "three-peat" of winning consecutive championships.
Fans interested in participating in the Championship Ring Raffle can do so by visiting warriors.com/ringraffle for a chance to win a 100% certified, personalized 2017-18 NBA Championship ring.
The Thunder are slated to visit the Warriors at 10:30 p.m. ET Tuesday.
Last season, Golden State looked, and sounded, like a team stuck in cement.
The Golden State Warriors unveil their 2017-2018 Championship banner prior to their National Basketball Association game against the Oklahoma City Thunder at ORACLE Arena on October 16, 2018 in Oakland, California.
Tatum and Rozier's three-pointer took Boston clear again and the Celtics closed out the final minutes with the minimum of fuss to kick off their bid for a return to the Finals for the first time since 2010 with an emphatic victory.
This year, the Warriors have vowed to do things differently. Since then, the work has paid off and Curry has become one of the best players of the moment. Thompson is vital for the Warriors' offense and without him, they lose one of their best scorers. On the flight home after Game 7, Durant plopped into the seat next to Bob Myers, Golden State's general manager, and declared, "I have never felt more a part of the team", Myers told me.
"We'll play tonight, and it will be fun".
"Overall, I thought we came across and pulled across and helped when we needed to help, kept our hand active". "I mean you asked the question like you did... No".
The rumors about Durant opting out and leaving the Warriors this offseason have been running rampant, with the Knicks mentioned as a possible destination.
In fact, Durant said he doesn't "need anything extra [from the Warriors]", in regards to recruiting him in free agency.
Still, Durant likes where the Warriors are at.
Golden State also received a contribution from an unlikely spot on the floor as young centers Damian Jones and Kevon Looney combined for 22 points.
What the Warriors showed in their opening night win was some grit and some heart. The financials are something Golden State's brass has to take into account moving forward.
"No", he said Monday, followed by a long pause.
But those are all problems for another day - next July, in fact.
The Warriors seemed to score whenever they wanted.
As for the Celtics, they might have the deepest team in the league this season.
- Finding Netflix expensive? Not anymore as Netflix may become cheaper in India
- Theresa May faces backlash over hint to extend Brexit transition to 2021
- Pink Jail raises breast cancer awareness
- Tempers flare on sideline as Chelsea draws Manchester United in injury time
- Migrant caravan heading for U.S. turns around in Mexico
- Hurricanes causing delays in getting flu vaccine
- Bitcoin jumps after credit scare; Fidelity enters crypto sphere
- #MeToo: Indian Minister MJ Akbar Resigns Over Accusations of Sexual Harassment
- Saudi consul sacked after ‘journalist is chopped up’
- Washington Post publishes final column by missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi