While the massive jackpot remains, there were five winning $1 million tickets sold in our area. The Mega Millions tax bite, though, is pretty solid. In the modified formula, players now pick five numbers from 1 to 70 and a Mega number of 1 to 25, increasing the odds of winning the jackpot to one in 302 million, and making jackpot winners more infrequent. But the sales are high, especially following a change Mega Millions made in October 2017.
Both Powerball and Mega Millions tickets cost $2 to play. But you can lose almost two-thirds of that $1.6 billion jackpot after you take the lump sum and pay all your state and federal taxes.
Powerball and Mega Millions have a lot of people dreaming about joining the ranks of wealthiest people on the planet.
The possibility of walking away with US$905 million - the value of the cash option - also concerns Greg Weed, 47, of Culver City. He's convinced he's going to win.
The games are played in 44 states, Washington, D.C. and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Mega Millions jackpot will likely set a new record, and the Powerball jackpot will be the third largest ever for that game on Wednesday.
Back in 2012, there were 20 people from Quaker Oats in Cedar Rapids who split their $241 million Powerball jackpot.
Yes. Canadians can cross the border to buy tickets, but you'll have to check the laws of the state you're visiting.
A shop employee in Atlanta holds Mega Millions lottery tickets, Monday, Oct. 22, 2018. If you live in Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, North Carolina or North Dakota, however, you also have a choice of buying tickets online.
No. Maryland is one of a handful of states that allow lottery winners to remain anonymous.
The less jackpots are won, the more time the grand prize has to grow and the more sales are made.
- Tempers flare on sideline as Chelsea draws Manchester United in injury time
- Oil Rises To Approximately $80
- David Luiz Outstanding Defensively Against Manchester United - Former Chelsea Star
- Prince Harry hopes pregnant Meghan is expecting a baby girl
- $3,400 Mega Millions tickets are being sold in Kansas - EVERY MINUTE!
- Saudi Arabia Announces the death of journalist Khashoggi . Details
- Saudi Arabia Admits Death Of Khashoggi
- China's economic growth hits the lowest level since 2009
- The mysterious case of the missing Saudi journalist
- Thousands of caravan migrants take shelter in southern Mexico