They played baseball for longer, both in innings and in time elapsed, than any two teams had ever played in any of the previous 113 World Series. The way things now stand, Chris Sale seems like a natural choice for Sunday's matchup as he did not appear during Game 3's 18-inning marathon and will be approaching his next start on at least four days of rest.
Walker Buehler threw the first pitch in autumn twilight at 5:10 p.m.
From the start of the World Series, the Los Angeles Dodgers were waiting for the Boston Red Sox's strategy of using starting pitchers in relief to backfire. Got him 3-0. He fought back. Alexander walked Brock Holt and Roberts was quick with the hook. They were four outsaway when the Red Sox's Jackie Bradley Jr. hit a home run against closerKenley Jansen for a 1-1 tie.
After hitting.297 in winning the first two games at cozy, chilly Fenway Park, Boston was 5 for 57 at the plate in the warmth of Dodger Stadium- including 0 for 28 in the top four slots of the batting order. And with a night as glaringly bad as Game 3, people are starting to take note. Nunez got knocked on his back again in the play at first, but stayed in the game since the Boston had no one left on its bench.
Nearly lost amid Muncy's late inning fireworks was a superb performance from Dodgers rookie starter Walker Buehler who pitched a seven inning gem.
Rodriguez returns after throwing just six pitches in striking out Joc Pederson for the final out of the fifth inning Friday.
The Dodgers trail 2-1 in the best-of-seven Series.
Both teams squandered numerous chances.
Game 2 of this series felt a lot like Game 1 where a couple pitching decisions by Dodgers manager Dave Roberts wound up being incorrect ones. With an 0-for-7 night and with five runners left on base, he's now hitting.222 with a paltry.608 OPS this postseason. The Dodgers have yet to confirm their starter. Justin Turner started to then make things uncomfortable with a double down the left field line, paving the way for an intentional walk to Manny Machado.
Alex Wood threw a hitless inning for the win.
"I'm just trying to do whatever I can to help this team win", Kinsler said in the wee hours of the morning after Boston's eventual 3-2 18-inning loss.
- Theresa May says Saudi account on Khashoggi lacks credibility
- Canadian government condemns killing of Jamal Khashoggi
- Person arrested over United States mail-bombings
- Penalty for cancelling Saudi arms contract ‘in the billions,’ Trudeau says
- 6 questions about an arms control treaty on the rocks
- Tesla Follows Through with Elon Musk’s Model 3 Promise
- After arrest, Republicans struggle with mail bombs fallout
- $1 million Mega Millions ticket sold in Davenport
- Aubameyang double inspires Arsenal comeback against Leicester
- Megyn Kelly’s Show In Jeopardy After She Defends The Use Of Blackface