While supporting women's right to vote isn't exactly a controversial political opinion, merely speaking about politics is a domain the royals rarely enter into.
And women's suffrage is not simply about the right to vote for women but also about what that represents.
Inside a marquee set up on the grass, Meghan smiled as elder Barney Thomas addressed the couple in the Te Reo Maori language, wishing them "kia kaha", or strength, for the baby she is expecting next year.
"The classic reason for this very common gesture is that it signals a subliminal desire to hide, especially when the hands are shoved deep into the pockets, " James told OK!
Recalling a discussion she had with Meghan, Jessina Oakes, 26, said: "She said a really lovely quote".
"From myself and my wife and our little bump, we're so grateful to be here", the doting dad-to-be said. As we all know, the Queen has a strict policy regarding women from the royal family wearing bright nail paints and fake nails.
Also acknowledging the weather and how lousy it has been throughout their trip, Barney finished up by saying, "We've been watching your progress on tour and we wouldn't want to be royals".
Meghan knelt down to comfort little Joe Young, who was part of a group of schoolchildren waiting to greet the royal couple outside a cafe in Wellington.
Palmer said draws a lot of attention to our tourism, environmentalism and conservation.
"It came up at a time when they were considering having a family, at some point in the near future", said a friend, who was once close to the Duchess.
Ryen Anderson, 10, who was also on Meghan's team, added: "Meghan was asking us how to throw and we said it doesn't matter".
Saskia Gray, 16, an Abel Tasman Youth Ambassador, commented, "It was a great opportunity".
Now the pair are both based at Kensington Palace but with Harry marrying Meghan and Prince William - as the future King - preparing to take on more formal duties, they are reportedly planning on formally dividing and having separate management teams. Their interactions, both past and present, show how much Meghan truly cares about people.
- After Obama, Hillary and CNN, actor Robert de Niro gets parcel bomb
- Price a victor again as Red Sox take a World Series stranglehold
- The new Apple Watch is basically an extreme Life Alert
- Penalty for cancelling Saudi arms contract ‘in the billions,’ Trudeau says
- Sanders: Media wrongly blaming Trump for attacks
- Caravan inches closer to border as many reject Mexican asylum
- Person arrested over United States mail-bombings
- USA revoking visas, exploring sanctions in Khashoggi death
- Tesla Follows Through with Elon Musk’s Model 3 Promise
- Angela Merkel 'to quit as party leader but remain Germany's chancellor'