For starters, let's go on record as saying outside of now undefeated Alabama and Clemson, there are seven, one-loss Power-5 teams who have a legitimate shot at being one of the final four teams in the playoff; LSU, Michigan, Georgia, Oklahoma, Washington State, Kentucky, and Ohio State. Ohio State and Clemson also are tied with the Crimson Tide for the most appearances in the rankings.
"As Coach Swinney says it doesn't really matter at this point", Choice said.
The CFP rankings don't include a list of other teams in consideration, such as Utah State, ranked No. 18 in this week's AP Top 25 as the top MountainWest team in that poll.
Can a conference send two teams to the playoff?
As 10 weeks of the season have gone by, there are several usual suspects that have landed near the top.
Considering 2010 was the last time three teams entered bowl season undefeated, don't be surprised if at least one team slips up, leaving someone else to challenge for a semifinal trip to either the Orange Bowl or Cotton Bowl.
The selection committee is chaired by OR athletic director Rob Mullens and includes Florida athletic director Scott Stricklin and Georgia Tech athletic director Todd Stansbury. The teams have traded blowout wins the last two meetings.
As Pete Thamel noted Tuesday night, UCF is starting five spots higher than it did in 2017. The 2018 Notre Dame football team made it's debut at No. 4 in the rankings. They included three teams from the Southeastern Conference (though not the one that eventually made the playoff) along with Florida State.
Choice had 3 rushes for 20 yards including a touchdown against Florida State. The Tigers are a 14-point underdog at home against Alabama, a team they lost to 24-10 previous year. The Seminoles went into the Rose Bowl semifinal as the No. 3 seed and lost to Oregon.
This is far from being anything like what the final rankings will be, but it's a good insight into seeing where teams are positioned so far. For those one-loss teams looking to finish in the final four, they've got to win out, no question. Victor could still be a non-factor if it loses in the SEC championship game or before that juncture.
- Le Tour de France 2019 gâte le grand sud
- Apple just announced a brand new MacBook Air
- 'Proud' Lampard appreciative of warm Chelsea reception
- Klay Thompson breaks National Basketball Association three-pointer record
- Oil Prices Fall 2% on Rising Supply and Trade War
- Apple's 'There's More In The Making' Event: What We Know (NASDAQ:AAPL)
- Be careful Before to Invest in Stock: Glu Mobile Inc. (GLUU)
- Sanders: Media wrongly blaming Trump for attacks
- In Brazil started the second round of presidential elections
- F1: Hamilton égale les 5 titres de Fangio dans l'adversité