The real estate investment trust, a top office landlord in Arlington's Crystal City area, is benefiting from an Amazon bump after the Washington Post reported over the weekend that the e-commerce giant is in advanced talks about locating HQ2 in the Washington suburb. The paper cited unknown sources.
Amazon has its headquarters in Seattle.
"We're waiting to hear", Cooper told reporters Tuesday at a Council of State meeting.
The question of where Amazon will build its second major campus has company officials slamming leaks to news media.
It's close to Washington D.C.. Amazon declined to comment to Fortune.
As Amazon's search dragged on, residents in many of 20 finalist cities anxious about the effect such a massive project could have on housing and traffic, as well as what potential tax incentives could cost the community.
The Journal said the main reason for having the two new facilities is to make it easier for Amazon to recruit enough talent.
In his meeting with Amazon executives, Gov. Cuomo said he's prepared to offer the company hundreds of millions of dollars in incentives, the person said.
A survey of Austin residents found that only 30 percent said they perceived Amazon as a "10" on a scale of one to 10 when thinking about the company. "That would be good news".
"Certainly not bad news", a source in the developer community responded.
The expected 50,000 people who will eventually work at the new headquarters will bring a huge economic boost to the winning city - or cities.
The Journal described the decision as a "surprise". In total, Amazon received proposals from 238 cities a year ago and reduced the list down to 20 finalists in January. Another will be Long Island City, in the NY borough of Queens, other people said. "I'll change my name to Amazon Cuomo if that's what it takes", said Cuomo on Monday, according to the Times.
- With Merkel Stepping Down, Merz Announces Bid to Lead CDU
- Arsenal's Emile Smith Rowe looks the part in 7/10 outing against Blackpool
- Obama stumps for senator who supports Trump’s wall
- Trump pushes economic hope, immigrant fear in final poll run
- Oil Prices Fall 2% on Rising Supply and Trade War
- Iran president says country will 'proudly' break United States sanctions by selling oil
- Sky Mobile confirms pricing for iPad Pro
- Iran will break U.S. sanctions by selling oil: Pres. Rouhani
- LG tipped to unveil a foldable smartphone as soon as January
- The President Wants To Alter The Constitution And Ignore International Law