Ms Sanders commented: "As a result of today's incident, the White House is suspending the hard pass of the reporter involved until further notice". Acosta called the claim a "lie". Cue the meltdowns and the hot takes about how this is an act that is driving us closer to the authoritarian cliff, which is just as imaginary as the evidence proving the Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin to win the 2016 election. Nevertheless, Acosta persisted and got an earful about how his network should be ashamed to employ him.
Trump has a fairly long history of dismissing Acosta......
White House intern tries to take the microphone from CNN reporter Jim Acosta.
Manigault Newman rose to fame on Trump's reality television show and joined him at the White House in the Office of Public Liaison.
Chatelain said Trump's behavior demonstrates his contempt toward people of color and women, even as he continues to denounce many members of the media as "fake news."These reporters really represent three segments of the population that this president has often used to air out his deepest hostilities, and his deepest held racism", Chatelain said".
"He just didn't like hearing that question".
"It's ironic, Jim", she said, "that not only you and the media attack the president for his rhetoric, when they frequently lower the level of conversation in this country".
Trump also cast doubt on the stated rationale for stripping Acosta's credential.
"That's such a racist question", Trump responded. But in effect, the White House is trying to veto Acosta. "I'm not naming any names because why give it oxygen?" Trump said Ryan was "nasty" as well as a "loser" that "doesn't know what she's doing".
Mr Acosta has had his White House media credentials withdrawn following a fiery row with Trump during a Presidential press conference yesterday.
In announcing Acosta's suspension, Sanders said, "The fact that CNN is proud of the way their employee behaved is not only disgusting, it is an example of their outrageous disregard for everyone, including young women, who work in this administration".
If that sounded like something Sanders might say to her child, you're probably right. "It is also completely disrespectful to the reporter's colleagues not to allow them an opportunity to ask a question".
- AprilDRyan (@AprilDRyan).@AprilDRyan has been covering the White House for several presidents honorably. "You're a very rude person", added Trump. In footage posted by other news organizations, Acosta can be seen coming into contact with the intern, but the motion is less forceful. Why might other journalists in the room react that way, and why did Fox News's Chris Wallace say that Acosta had "embarrassed himself" on Wednesday?
- California shooting: what we know about the gunman
- GOP keeps Senate control for 2 more years, triumph for Trump
- Trump Denies Knowing Attorney General He Met Over a Dozen Times
- Police say treating Melbourne stabbing as a terror attack
- Expanded GOP Senate majority smooths way for Trump judicial nominees
- Pelosi Unveils Plans to Establish New House Diversity Office
- PUBG PS4 Release Could Happen as Early as December, Reports Suggest
- Trump blames ‘gross mismanagement’ for Calif. wildfires, threatens to withhold federal money
- Les démocrates pourront freiner Donald Trump — États-Unis
- Democrats to take control of the US House