She reminds us that because Michelle Obama did not smile constantly and vacuously, but only when she felt like it, she was given that cheapest of derogatory labels - the Angry Black Woman.
She writes of being left alone to administer hormone shots to help hasten the IVF process.
"I'm a phone call away", Obama recalled her saying.
The former first lady also told how she had faith that when Americans went to the polls they would understand "the true nature of what they were choosing between". The former first lady's book comes out Tuesday and is among the most anticipated political memoirs in years, topping Amazon.com's best-seller list throughout the weekend. It costs thousands of dollars for every "cycle", and many couples require more than one attempt.
She told Good Morning America that she had been feeling lonely and lost since her miscarriage happened. "And if my story, my journey somehow gives them hope - that they can build a powerful journey for themselves and that they can own their voice and share their story, that that's part of what makes us great".
"I'll give you a little controversy back, I'll never forgive [Mr Obama] for what he did to our U.S. military".
She also acknowledged that she would never forgive Donald and Melania Trump for peddling the racist "birther" campaign against her husband.
She also said she was in shock when Trump won his presidency and tried to block it out. The former president was born in Hawaii. Behind one door to the future, Michelle Robinson might have spurned his advances and gone on to become a partner at Sidley or taken some other path to becoming a mover or shaker.
The former first lady denounces Trump's sexism and misogyny, including the "Access Hollywood" tape in which he's caught bragging about groping women.
She was wary of openly criticising Mr Trump on camera, but did take a backhanded swipe at his capacity to do the job.
Fox News' mean girl Regina George bleached Barbie-bot, Tomi Lahren, has insulted Michelle and Barack Obama yet again.
Obama did not enjoy her time in a law firm.
- Macron throws shade at Trump: I don't make diplomacy through tweets
- Stan Lee, beloved Marvel Comics creator and filmmaker, dies at 95
- California wildfires map shows the areas that have been affected
- Northern California Wildfire Destroys Thousands of Buildings
- BATE edged 0-1 by Chelsea in UEFA Europa League
- Trump's new justice chief assailed over anti-Mueller stance
- Marvel's Stan Lee Dies at 95
- Neil Young, Robin Thicke praise firefighters who tried to save homes
- The Camp Fire Is Now The Deadliest Wildfire In California's History
- England denied victory by All Black comeback