A lot of the trailer is dedicated to Danvers and Samuel L. Jackson's youthful Nick Fury, which fans will be happy to see.
Making things more interesting Marvel is ready to drop the new trailer of the Captain Marvel this week. That it's also going to set up Captain Marvel's inevitable return in "A4" only makes it that much more exciting. The Kree claim to have "found" Carol and remade her into a Kree Warrior. Oh, and how about that shot of her glowing and blowing up hostiles just above the Earth?
Beyond her origin story, the film finds her at the center of an intergalactic war raging between the two alien races, promising plenty of explosive action on Earth and well beyond. In a voiceover, one of these noble warrior heroes (Oscar-nominated actress Annette Bening, in an as-yet unnamed role) explains to Danvers, "Your life began the day it almost ended".
The actual movie is set for release on March 8th, just before the next (and final) Avengers. I'll dance around a certain spoiler that was revealed last week for those that are staying spoiler free, so I'll deliberately not mention my thoughts on how that is going to shape out.
Also starring Jude Law, Lee Pace, Djimon Hounsou and Gemma Chan, it lands in the United Kingdom on 8 March. The director duo has spent nearly seven years straight in the Marvel Cinematic Universe directing Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War and now Avengers 4.
- French premier holds talks after violent protests in Paris
- Apple Music coming to Amazon Echo devices next month
- Genetically Engineered Baby Claim Met with Investigations and Doubt
- Trump administration to examine tools to raise USA tariffs on Chinese vehicles
- Cohen confesses to lying about Trump Tower Moscow deal
- Second CRISPR-Modified Pregnancy May Be Underway
- G20: Trump and Xi to meet amid US-China trade tensions
- Pelosi Clears First Hurdle For Speakership
- Bitcoin price falls below $4,000, as cryptocurrency market continues to plummet
- What Underlies US-China Tensions Ahead of Crucial G-20 Meeting?