The 31-year-old told Chelsea TV: "I know what it means to play for a big club".
Strikers Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud have just six goals between them in the league all season and after promising a turnaround with a double against Crystal Palace last month, Morata's famously fragile confidence looks shot again. "That is an illusion. You can lose, but it is how you lose".
It was more akin to "Conteball" in the first half, as Chelsea did what Antonio Conte often tried to get them to do during his tenure, when they regularly "suffered without the ball" against sides such as Barcelona. "That is what happens".
David Luiz's header in the second half sealed City's first Premier League defeat since April as they were knocked off the summit by unbeaten Liverpool.Guardiola, however, still liked what he saw, believing Chelsea simply took their chances at key moments. "We have to try and solve problem by problem, day by day, to improve in a definitive way". We aren't close to that yet and at the rate we're going might not be for the reverse fixture either.
"As a back four, in controlling Hazard we kept them from creating a lot of chances".
Chelsea were unbeaten in their first 12 Premier League games but lost 2-1 at Wolves on Wednesday - their second defeat in their past three league games.
City, on the other hand, has carried on their stellar work from last season and is the front-runner to retain their title. You need time, everybody needs time.
Next up for Sarri is the visit of the league's great entertainers City, who have been blowing teams away for fun domestically and can still play with swagger, even without the likes of injured Kevin De Bruyne and Sergio Aguero on the pitch.
"It was a team with humility, but also a team with the right planning".
They have marched step-by-step with City this season, but now it is their turn to lead from the front; it will be intriguing to see how they cope.
"We were strong, aggressive and intense", said a happy Mourinho. "We are not here to be Invincible; we are here to be champions".
- NASA Probe Reaches Asteroid Bennu Ready to Collect Samples
- Potential Manchester United lineup against Arsenal: All new back four; Rashford upfront
- France bracing for more protests despite retreat on taxes
- China demands Canada release Huawei executive arrested in Vancouver
- Jeb Bush's daughter Noelle does reading at George H.W. Bush's funeral
- Season 7 Creative Mode, snowstorm, more
- Australia leave out Mitch Marsh for series opener
- Virat Kohli turns down talks about Aussie obsession ahead of first Test
- Winter Weather Warnings, Advisories issued until Sunday morning
- Sterling Hits Out at Media Coverage of Black Players