Boston may have been without household names Kyrie Irving, Al Horford and Gordon Hayward on Monday, but the Celtics still had plenty of players left over from last season's conference finals team. The Celtics defeated the Pelicans 113-100.
Williams was recalled from ME on Monday, along with P.J. Dozier on a two-way contract, with the Celtics down to 10 players in uniform.
"I think it's what's best for our group, for our team, long term", said Horford before missing his second straight game with patella tendinitis. At least they may not have to deal with New Orleans big man Anthony Davis, who is day-to-day after suffering a hip injury Sunday night against the Pistons. Williams would not be finished there, as he continued to be a menace on the defensive end of the floor, finishing the half with 2 blocked shots in a bench leading 13 minutes of action. "I think that was the best part".
Jaylen Brown scored 19, Semi Ojeleye had 11 and Terry Rozier added 10 for the Celtics.
Celtics head coach Brad Stevens had some high praise for Morris after the win. "Everybody is human. Everybody has a reason to do what they do, and a lot of times we've all done it where we look back and say, 'God, I wish I would've done that differently.' We could've handled that differently". "When you're shooting jumpers and Robert's in the vicinity, you feel him". They led 59-53 at the half before Morris hit three 3s - one from the left corner, one from the right wing and one from the top of the key - to make it 68-55.
Reserve Spencer Dinwiddie scored 17 of his 25 points after halftime as Brooklyn ended a dubious road losing streak with a victory over NY.
The Celtics were averaging 106 points in the opening 18 games of the season when they stood 9-9.
In addition to Irving, Aron Baynes and Guerschon Yabusele are also out for the game due to ankle sprain.
Boston Celtics power forward Daniel Theis scored 22 points (8-of-15 field goals, 2-of-4 3-pointers, 4-of-7 free throws) with 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, and 4 blocks in 32.3 minutes of a 133-77 beatdown of the Chicago Bulls on Saturday.
Boylen emphatically pushed back on the notion that the entire team did not want to practice Sunday.
- Over 1,700 arrested in latest yellow vest protests in France
- Huawei CFO gets bail; China detains ex-Canadian diplomat
- Microsoft confirms plans to put Chromium under the hood of Edge
- British PM Theresa May survives party confidence vote
- Election Results: MP, Rajasthan, Chattisgarh, Telengana & Mizoram; Who Won Where?
- Governor Walker: What Will Your Message To Gov.-Elect Evers Be?
- Everyone noticed Mo Salah's goal celebrations for Liverpool vs Bournemouth
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite concept render shows even bezels, no chin
- Klopp: Napoli had no answers to outstanding Liverpool
- CS: GO Is Now Free-To-Play On Steam