Tottenham surrendered the chance to establish themselves as Liverpool FC's closest rivals in the Premier League title race after having scored 11 times in two games. "It would be nearly impossible", Guardiola told a news conference after the win at Saints.
Kevin De Bruyne faces a late fitness test ahead of Liverpool's visit to Manchester City on Thursday, Pep Guardiola has confirmed. It's something that we've never had. If we can sustain our position for as long as possible, we can arrive at the end of the season fighting for the title.
But Klopp insists he will be instructing his players to continue what they have been doing all season and won't be thinking about the points gap. Both clubs have momentum behind them going into this game which could be instrumental in deciding who will ultimately lift the Premier League trophy this season.
Asked whether he had been surprised by either of his Brazilian summer signings, midfielder Fabinho being the other, Klopp said: "Well, maybe that Ali is such a good football player". I'm always looking forward to these games.
"The problem is the other team is fantastic", Guardiola told BBC Sport.
And with nearly half the season still to go it would be all to play for once again in the title race.
"Given the position of Liverpool, [if] we drop points, it's over, it's finished - it would be nearly impossible", Guardiola said. Down at the bottom there were vital wins for Cardiff, Fulham and Burnley as they look to survive the drop.
Despite a 22-game unbeaten run between August and December, Arsenal are now just one point better off after 20 games than they were last season when finishing sixth. We take a look at the weekend's best pictures. We might be nine points in front now but we have to go to Manchester City in five days. Southampton equalized in the 36th minute, when Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg slammed home, after robbing a City defender.
"Oh, I was waiting for that question", he said. "Before the cross to Sergio he made four or five actions to pass the ball and play".
But I'm ready to take the plunge with Paul Pogba.
"He can play all three positions in midfield and that's really nice".
- USA working with Turkey on 'slow, highly co-ordinated pullout' from Syria
- Melbourne Test: Seven-year-old to co-captain Australia
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (NASDAQ:WBA) Short Interest Increased By 1.65%
- Tua Tagovailoa Gets His Heisman Revenge As Alabama Takes Down Oklahoma
- Order signed for USA military´s controversial Syria exit
- Sunil Gavaskar happy with India's balanced side for MCG Test
- Netflix drops first trailer for Black Mirror film Bandersnatch
- 420,000 employees will go without pay if government shuts down
- Trump Urges Buying the Dip After Stocks Sink on D.C. Dysfunction
- Stock Boom Day After Christmas