Apple and Samsung both declined to comment on whether Apple is paying any fees or a percentage of sales made on the televisions under the new deal. Vizio also makes a point of noting that users will be able to use their iPhone or iPad to turn Vizio TVs on and off, adjust the volume, switch inputs, and even ask Siri to play select shows.
Samsung Smart TVs in 190 countries will also start to support Apple's AirPlay 2 standard, allowing users to share videos, photos, music and podcasts from their Apple devices to their TV. In addition, Bixby will expand to partners including Uber, Ticketmaster and iHeartRadio and the company said other partners including Google will join the ecosystem.
Samsung confirmed that its 4K and 8K QLED TVs and The Frame and Serif TVs will get AirPlay 2 support, along with an unspecified selection of other 4K and 1080p smart TVs.
Samsung is thankfully leading the charge, allowing iTunes and Airplay 2 compatibility on their 2019 Smart TVs, effectively bridging the divide between two of the biggest tech companies on the planet.
It's official: Samsung's 2019 smart TV range will provide inbuilt access to iTunes movies and TV shows as well as Apple AirPlay 2 support.
Samsung already announced the 85-inch 8K Q900FN TV QLED as part of its flagship LCD TV line past year, and just revealed an even bigger 98-inch version here at CES. "Samsung Micro LED has no boundaries, only endless possibilities".
The Korean conglomerate kicked off proceedings at their First Look event at Aria Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. A total of seven different categories are available to choose from, allowing users to personalize their screen to what best suits their home. It will also work with some automated tasks as well.
The final device, called the Samsung Bot Retail, is a robotic assistant that can help store employees handle consumer questions, as well as manage some ordering and and payments.
- Los Angeles Chargers hold off Baltimore Ravens to progress in National Football League play-offs
- Women form 385-mile human wall to protest period shaming
- Democratic Rep. Tlaib on Trump: We're Going to Impeach That Motherf***er
- White House meeting on shutdown ends with no deal
- Los Angeles Chargers: Three keys to get past the Baltimore Ravens
- House Dems approve plan to re-open government
- Rashida Tlaib calls Trump an expletive during pitch to impeach
- Canadian 'Fiji Water Girl' photobombs stars at Golden Globes
- Rami Malek and girlfriend Lucy Boynton cozy up at Golden Globes party
- Kabul seeks clarity after U.S. president comment