Mostly deployed in a wide role, Solskjaer has revealed the 23-year-old wants to play centrally - a position now occupied by Marcus Rashford.
"I spoke (to him) about my experience at this club what he can achieve".
But the 21-year-old insists he owes his recent success to the creativity of Pogba.
Manchester United will try to get back to winning ways in this particularly tough encounter at King Power Stadium.
If the Red Devils continue in this rich vein of form, it will be near impossible for the club to justify not giving him the job on a permanent basis.
Manchester United have announced today that Anthony Martial has extended its stay at Old Trafford.
"Time and time again Paul Pogba provides opportunities for the team". The Frenchman is now playing with attacking freedom to roam in a more advanced position, not being held back by Mourinho's defensive requirements.
Claude Puel made another change as the game approached its final quarter of an hour, Gray making way for Shinji Okazaki, and De Gea made a good stop when Ghezzal curled a free kick towards the top corner.
Manchester United's next fixture is against Fulham on Saturday in the Premier League.
Leicester are now not in the best of form, having won just one out of their previous five games in all competitions.
Solskjaer has reinvigorated the France forward's United career since replacing José Mourinho as manager in December.
United's next game is against Leicester on Sunday in the Premier League. Paul Pogba and Victor Lindelof scored late in the match against the Clarets to secure a point after Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood gave Burnley a two-goal lead.
Though not involved in negotiations, the Norwegian hopes Martial's display of commitment will show others the way.
- Australian Open 2019, Men's final: 3 things we learned
- Trump Congratulates Guaido in Call, Keeping Pressure on Maduro
- Novak Djokovic, la preuve par sept — Open d'Australie
- Mané warns City: ‘We have not reached our top form yet’
- Midwest polar vortex 2019: Death toll rises to 21 as temperatures fall
- Northam Won by Branding Republican Ed Gillespie Racist
- Apple's Tim Cook explains suffering iPhone sales
- Venezuela's opposition had clandestine meetings with military -Guaido
- US Fed does about-turn on interest rates
- Maurizio Sarri insists he will not change his tactical beliefs at Chelsea