The band sang songs including This Love, Moves Like Jagger and Girls Like You to a crowd of screaming fans.
Who lives in a pineapple and just BARELY appeared in the Super Bowl 53 Halftime show?
Click through the gallery for the hottest shirtless photos... The reactions were, you might say, "mixed" - and the ire was directed at lead singer Adam Levine, who was copping it from all angles.
A small snippet of SpongeBob Squarepants' Sweet Victory introduction was played in tribute to cartoon creator Stephen Hillenburg, who recently died.
The song lineup was heavy in hits from Maroon 5's 2004 album "Songs About Jane", with selections including "Harder to Breathe", "This Love" and "She Will Be Loved".
The band's frontman yelled out, 'This is for you Jordy, ' as a kick-off to the performance at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta on Sunday.
One user even went as far as to hold a poll of sorts, asking the viewers to retweet in support of Spongebob and like for Maroon 5, and the animated sponge won!
A third appreciated perhaps one of the most controversial moments of the show: Levine taking his shirt off.
He performed in a flaming fake crater before Big Boi arrived in a classic vehicle and he sang his verse from "I Like The Way You Move" by Outkast.
There was no acknowledgment of the controversy surrounding the performance, which came about only after numerous other artists - including Rihanna, Pink, and Cardi B - passed on the opportunity to headline in solidarity with Colin Kaepernick. "I know it must sound like a privilege ass sacrifice but it's all i got", in an Instagram caption in October.
Another rumor was that Andre 3000 would be a surprise guest and reunite with Big Boi for an Outkast reunion - a possibility that had fans very excited. But the bar should be higher than the staid, run-of-the-mill jaunt we got from Maroon 5.
- Death toll from Brazil dam disaster climbs to 84
- Apple Hits Back At Facebook For Privacy-Invasive VPN Targeted At Teens
- Ligue 1 : Thierry Henry tombé du Rocher
- Brrr, big chill hits US Midwest, United States News & Top Stories
- Tesla reports back-to-back profitable quarters for the first time
- Midwest polar vortex 2019: Death toll rises to 21 as temperatures fall
- Emery: Arsenal won't sit back against Man City
- May backs plan to scrap Brexit backstop in struggle for a deal
- Herrera: Solskjaer clicking with United players
- Venezuela's opposition had clandestine meetings with military -Guaido