The song lineup was heavy in hits from Maroon 5's 2004 album "Songs About Jane", with selections including "Harder to Breathe", "This Love" and "She Will Be Loved".
A drumline and a gospel choir joined the band for a rendition of "Girls Like You" just before Big Boi rolled in to sing parts of his song "Kryptonite", before jumping in with Levine for parts of OutKast's "The Way You Move".
Confused about the brief "SpongeBob" scene that served as an intro into Scott's "Sicko Mode"?
The crowd of teens who were probably still infants during Maroon 5's peak appeared noticeably more energetic and eager to bounce along with Scott.
Kaepernick's subsequent treatment by the National Football League led to many A-list acts such as Jay-Z, Rihanna and Cardi B turning down the halftime-performance spot this year. I'm calling my lawyer.' / 'More Spongebob less Maroon 5'.
Before Scott took the stage, the Super Bowl paid tribute to "SpongeBob Squarepants" by playing a quick clip from the show's own halftime anthem "Sweet Victory". "I know it must sound like a privilege ass sacrifice but it's all i got", in an Instagram caption in October. "But there's a man who sacrificed his job for us, so we got to stand behind him", Cardi B said of her decision to not to perform. Beyonce, all put on far superior Super Bowl halftime performances that were well-received and memorable.
Big Boi: Joining the other two on stage, Big Boi represents the Atlanta portion of this Super Bowl perfomring trio. It was a complete mess on so many levels: the performances were too boring, they didn't take any risks, and they played it too safe.
A third commentator penned: "My mum said that Adam Levine had no business taking his shirt off and I about cried". With the likes of Justin Timberlake, Lady Gaga, Beyonce and Bruno Mars participating in years past, the Super Bowl always brings out the biggest names in the industry.
Several reporters also spotted SpongeBob during the band's dress rehearsal, and now we have definitive proof that the dream has become a reality.
- Surveys show positive reviews for Trump's State of the Union address
- While others tease, Huawei confirms folding phone for 2019
- 11-Year-Old, Bullied For Last Name "Trump", Invited To President's Speech
- US Fed does about-turn on interest rates
- Lakers Rumors: Lonzo Ball prefers Chicago or NY if traded
- Urgent action needed to improve early detection
- Northam Won by Branding Republican Ed Gillespie Racist
- Midwest polar vortex 2019: Death toll rises to 21 as temperatures fall
- Venezuela: Juan Guaido accuses Maduro of threatening his family
- Tesla reports back-to-back profitable quarters for the first time