By the end, Premier League tracking data showed they had made more high-intensity sprints (140) than in any game since their 1-0 win over Everton at the start of December.
City moved above them on goal difference in midweek and, after back-to-back draws, serious questions are now being asked about the Reds' title credentials.
"The big players need to appear in the big games, in the big moments, and he has done it", said the City boss in his pre-match press conference.
There has been a nine-goal swing in Chelsea's last two performances.
"We can not speak too much about that in public because it always sounds like we go for excuses, but we are not".
"There were a lot of things we had to improve".
This upcoming league game will be stressful to watch as a fan of either team, as it is likely to be a close encounter between two sides who will both try and play attacking football. Arsenal, who did not register a single shot in the second half of their 3-1 loss at Manchester City last weekend, hope Shkodran Mustafi will be fit despite being forced off late in the game at the Etihad Stadium. I knew this would be a really tough race and here we are.
Offside Getty Images
However, Bournemouth manager Eddie Howe also feels Liverpool got the luck of prospective champions after being told by his coaching staff that Sadio Mane's opening headed goal after 24 minutes shouldn't have been allowed.
"Everyone going on Saturday, no matter what stand you're in, get in as early as possible", it reads.
Klopp said he was "concerned " when the Dutch midfielder scored that other players may put themselves at risk when they gave "him a hug". That was a problem.
'He's been brilliant. I saw one of the City boys say they are stronger than us. It's not easy to win, it's not easy to get (into) the Champions League. We set up to frustrate them and we did restrict them space until the first goal.
Add to that the re-energising of the whole team, the return from injury of full-back Trent Alexander-Arnold and a first clean sheet in four matches and Liverpool can head off to their warm-weather training break safe in the knowledge everything seems right with the world again.
"He must be up for an Academy Award as well, then, because I've not seen it".
- Huawei 5G foldable phone teased in MWC 2019 press conference invite
- La guerre est-elle déclarée — Facebook et Apple
- US Fed does about-turn on interest rates
- While others tease, Huawei confirms folding phone for 2019
- US Democrats call on Virginia governor to resign over racist photo
- Does Apex Legends have cross-platform play?
- The star of last night's halftime show... Adam Levine's tank top!
- Google launches new password and account protection tools
- 11-Year-Old, Bullied For Last Name "Trump", Invited To President's Speech
- Australia flood crisis continues as PM visits stricken Queensland area