(7) MI 61, (19) WISCONSIN 52: Jon Teske had 17 points and 12 rebounds, holding his own inside against Ethan Happ, and Charles Matthews scored 16 of his 18 points in the second half to lift MI (22-2, 11-2 Big Ten) over Wisconsin (17-7, 9-4) at Madison, Wis. With Barrett and Reddish draining a combined 11 threes, Duke as a team shot 61.9% from downtown. Zion Williamson had a good all-around game with 18 points, five rebounds, five assists, and three blocks, including a mesmerizing block on Virginia's DeAndre Hunter.
Here's why the shots were open: Since the Blue Devils (21-2, 9-1) scored 46 points in the paint and penetrated at will against them last month, the Cavaliers were obsessed with clogging the paint Saturday.
Then the Devils went out and got beat ( by 2) by a very, very good Gonzaga team in November and then they lost a game in January (by 4 in overtime at home and without point guard Tre Jones) to a so-so Syracuse team. Killian Tillie suffered another longterm injury that could put the Bulldogs in a bind once they start playing games of outcome. Duke hit six straight shots during a point in the second quarter on its way to leading, 26-23, at the half on a buzzer-beating three-pointer by seniorFaith Suggs.
Notice, though, the Blue Devils won all of those games.
After Virginia went ahead, 41-36, Gorecki hit a jumper and freshman Onome Akinbode-James drained two free throws to cut the Cavalier lead to 41-40.
The Blue Devils defeated the Cavaliers 81-71 on Saturday to sweep the regular-season series. Christen Cunningham is the third double-digit scorer and Steven Enoch is grabbing five rebounds.
Mixed in there, along with the 2 of 14 against Virginia, was a 2 of 21 day against Georgia Tech and a 3 of 20 game against Texas Tech. The Cavaliers entered the highly anticipated showdown leading the country in three-point field goal shooting defense, allowing just 24.7 percent.
McCallie, in her 12 season with the Blue Devils, coached her 400 career game at Duke.
5-1 ATS last 6 Tuesday game.
But if the Blue Devils' 3-point shooting stroke is true, everyone could simply be playing for second place. Atlantic Coast and 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
Both teams are excellent defensively. During the past two years, the SportsLine Projection Model has returned more than $5,200 to $100 players on its top-rated college basketball picks. Malik Williamson, at 6-11, 245, is also a physical presence in the paint along with 6-10, 260-pound Steven Enoch. Or that 19 of the Vols' 22 wins are double-digit wins?
- Thomas Markle's Shocking response to Meghan Markle's emotional letter to her father
- The star of last night's halftime show... Adam Levine's tank top!
- Apple Patches FaceTime Vulnerability in iOS, macOS Updates
- Viewers see blue with first look at Will Smith as Genie
- Val Demings calls acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker's answers 'pitiful'
- Patriots fans sure don't need a new professional football league
- Surveys show positive reviews for Trump's State of the Union address
- Moscow Delegates Dispel Rumors That Talks Will Harm System
- We're getting a period emoji and it's bloody brilliant news
- Man United not a laughing stock any more, says Jones