Meanwhile, in Scotland and Northern Ireland there is a weather warning for both snow and ice. The heavy, wet snow will also "add extra stress to buildings, which could lead to roof collapses", the Weather Service warned. WEATHER DETAILS BELOW TWEETs.
The wind will be particularly bad in south west England and Wales, but the strongest gusts will be felt in the north west, especially around Merseyside. Wind: NE 5-10. Low: 30.
On Friday, the storm was making its way across the west eastwards to the Central Plains and the Midwest where it was then expected to bring more snow.
Exmoor will see snow from 6pm on Sunday turning to sleet later in the night.
Sunday: Mostly sunny. Wind: NW 5-10.
The nationwide snow/ice warning, which was issued this Saturday morning, states there is a risk of "scattered thundery showers of hail, sleet and snow" from 11pm today.
The Monday morning commute will be clear. Lowest temperatures of 0 to 3 degrees with moderate to fresh westerly winds. The part of the advisory around Cadillac and Houghton Lake have the advisory end at 1 a.m. Sunday morning, showing temperatures warming above freezing moving in.
Martin Bowles, meteorologist at the Met Office, told i there was around a 30 per cent chance snow could fall on central ground in Edinburgh on both Sunday and Monday. High temperatures will climb above freezing, but only topping out around 35 degrees. It will continue very windy and showery on Tuesday night.
"But the winds will greatly ease down through the night". Southeast wind 10 to 15 miles per hour, with gusts as high as 20 miles per hour.
Tomorrow will be a cold and raw day with widespread blustery showers, according to Met Eireann.
In southern England gusty winds threaten power lines and roads.
At the moment it looks like next weekend will be cold and showery.
The weekend weather will come in like a lion and go out like a lamb.
For travel information, the latest road conditions for Minnesota can be found online at at 511mn.org.
- "I am still in shock": Alabama tornado survivors begin road to recovery
- Gayle King interviews 2 women who are reportedly dating R. Kelly
- 'Captain Marvel' soars higher, further and faster than standard superhero origin story
- Catherine Rampell: What's behind the ballooning trade deficit
- 'Captain Marvel' is an aimless superhero slog
- The first trailer for Game of Thrones' final season is officially here
- SpaceX's Crew Dragon Successfully Undocks From International Space Station
- Facebook Messenger on iOS Gets Dark Mode
- What's in Samsung S10 preorder offers?
- Flashback: Brie Larson Thought Captain Marvel Was a Man - She Wasn't Wrong