The Samsung Fold will hit the U.S. market in the spring of 2019, and a European launch is also expected later in the year. The Huawei Mate X definitely has a long going for it in terms of simplicity and design.
However, a Samsung spokesperson told Bloomberg the Fold was displayed that way to help divert people's focus to the Galaxy S10 models coming out later this week. And just so you know, the Galaxy Fold costs about $2,000, which is over Rs 1 lakh in INR.
The recently launched Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphones are no doubt powerful and one of the most good-looking handsets out there. Company researchers will be gauging consumer reaction to the outward display of the Galaxy Fold before deciding on implementing one for the future product. As the folding phone is not now available in the market, he is probably referring to the focus groups the company was using to test out several designs.
This year's edition of the Mobile World Congress was mostly dominated by 5G and foldable smartphones.
Year by year it seems that phones are getting thinner and thinner and because of this space inside the device is becoming more and more premium.
Meanwhile, the latter device is believed to have a screen that wraps around the device.
Samsung's latest flagships also include a number of other features that can't be found on Apple's flagships such as the ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner.
According to the Bloomberg report, Samsung is working on a clamshell-like device with the same pliable so-called Infinity Flex Display used in the Galaxy Fold. It may feature a second external display, like the Galaxy Fold, depending on how customers respond to the Fold. From the look of things, a crease appears after it's folded 10,000 times.
All Galaxy S10 devices run on Android 9.0 Pie with Samsung's One UI.
Samsung celebrates its tenth year of innovation and smartphone experience with Galaxy S10 phones.
- Facebook Messenger on iOS Gets Dark Mode
- 'Captain Marvel' is an aimless superhero slog
- A Fun, Worthwhile Must-See For MCU Fans — CAPTAIN MARVEL Review
- SpaceX's Crew Dragon Successfully Undocks From International Space Station
- Indian Air Force 'Violated' LoC, Faced Effective Response: Pak Army
- Flashback: Brie Larson Thought Captain Marvel Was a Man - She Wasn't Wrong
- L'opposition demande un report des élections — Algérie
- Samsung Working on Two Other Foldable Phone Designs
- Manchester United fan stabbed in Paris after Champions League match
- The first trailer for Game of Thrones' final season is officially here