A run of four draws in their last six league games has seen the Reds slip a point behind City with nine matches left this season.
Although Salah has not scored in his last four league games in all competitions, Klopp is unconcerned about the Egyptian forward's goal drought.
The best betting websites covering Liverpool show that they are now priced between 2/1 and 5/2 to win the title this season, whilst Man City are now as short as 1/3. "I don't think anyone at the Premier League is interested in helping out teams in Europe, but we are not going to make excuses about that", Klopp said.
However, the celebrations from the home supporters on the final whistle indicated how much they believe they have damaged Liverpool's hopes of securing a first league title in 29 years.
"They had a great result against Tottenham but got well beaten by Newcastle and Crystal Palace so they have to be careful but I would expect them to be alright". It's up to Klopp to bring that out of them for the rest of the season.
"You know how hard it is to win a Premier League".
"There is a lot to come and a lot of games to play".
This Sunday, the Merseysiders are up against a Burnley side who have been in good form since the Boxing Day, despite losing the previous two games.
"Rhian [Brewster] is in a really good way and a place where Ox was three weeks ago probably".
"Burnley are very physical, quick transitions and counter-attacks but when they had to travel and play Thursday, Sunday, Thursday, Sunday it takes time".
The Reds might be without James Milner who has a muscle issue.
A number of Gerrard's former England team-mates have started on the management path in recent times, most recently Paul Scholes at Oldham.
Jurgen Klopp will have a full strength squad for the title run-in after he revealed Joe Gomez is on course to return to fitness. He would be looking to continue that for the remaining games of the season.
"If you have chances in a game, you want to score", he told a news conference ahead of the clash with Burnley.
"We accept the situation, we are going to do something a little bit different this time and train here on Tuesday morning before travelling, but it is not a problem".
- L'opposition demande un report des élections — Algérie
- Here’s what Gayle King was thinking during the R. Kelly interview
- ‘Captain Marvel’ Review: Brie Larson Soars in This Action Comedy Thriller
- US House Democrats Seek Criminal Probe of Jared Kushner Over Security Clearance
- Facebook Messenger on iOS Gets Dark Mode
- Snow Set To Hit Many Areas This Weekend
- R. Kelly Calls Sexual Abuse Allegations "Stupid" in New Interview
- Flashback: Brie Larson Thought Captain Marvel Was a Man - She Wasn't Wrong
- A Fun, Worthwhile Must-See For MCU Fans — CAPTAIN MARVEL Review
- What's in Samsung S10 preorder offers?