Celebrities: Actresses Loughlin and Felicity Huffman were named among the near-four dozen people implicated in the charges, Fox News reports. Olivia Jade was "at or just below the "low end" of USC's admission standards", according to an email sent from a cooperating witness to Mossimo Giannulli, cited in the documents released Tuesday.
In addition to Loughlin and Huffman, the other individuals indicted include CEOs of private and public companies, real estate professionals, fashion designers, and top college coaches.
From 2011 to last month, parents paid Singer roughly $25 million to bribe coaches and university administrators to "designate their children as recruited athletes, or other favored admissions categories", according to the court papers.
In a YouTube video that has been viewed almost 1.3 million times, Olivia didn't seem thrilled with the idea of attending college classes.
Other fans and followers on social media accused Olivia of cheating her way into the University of Southern California, where she is now in her first year.
The following meme involves one of DJ Tanner's most epic facial expressions.
According to filings, Hoffman and her husband actor William H. Macy allegedly paid $15,000 as part of the scheme on behalf of their eldest daughter. In October, Huffman was recorded by the Federal Bureau of Investigation allegedly discussing participating in the same scheme for her younger daughter; however, she did not ultimately pursue it.
Among those charged were several college coaches.
Former "Desperate Housewives" star Felicity Huffman is also an alleged conspirator, and is facing similar charges.
A total of 50 people, including parents and coaches, are embroiled in what's being called the largest-ever admissions bribery case.
Loughlin and Olivia Jade did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.
- Bolton says he won't speculate on North Korean nuclear site
- Sarah Sanders: Nancy Pelosi is 'starting to lose control of her party'
- UK MPs vote on Theresa May's amended Brexit deal
- Cristiano Ronaldo revels in hat-trick: 'This is why Juventus bought me'
- Facebook to focus on private communication
- Here’s what Gayle King was thinking during the R. Kelly interview
- Pelosi, on impeachment, says Trump ‘not worth it’
- Kelly: When and How to Watch 'CBS News: The Gayle King Interview'
- Redskins could be interested in Le'Veon Bell
- Browns Make Splash By Trading For WR Odell Beckham Jr