There is no seeding or country protection in the Champions League quarter-final or semi-final draw.
Liverpool have previously taken part in six quarter-finals in the Champions League era, all of which have been post-2000. If Real Madrid had progressed as was expected, Cristiano Ronaldo would have made a return to his old club.
The two Champions League finalists will receive 17,000 tickets each, raising concerns English clubs will not be able to meet season-ticket holder demands if they reach the final.
"It is going to be more hard than last season because they know how we play and our threats, but every game is different".
"(They are a) top side, so it's 50/50.
The two Manchester clubs were also hit by the regulation in 2011-12, when both were drawn at home in the second leg of their round-of-32 Europa League ties. It's definitely up there with United's most dazzling nights under the lights. He won the treble in 1998 and scored the winning goal in stoppage time to secure a last gasp victory over Bayern Munich. Twenty years on, Solskjaer will be back in Barcelona for the second leg of the quarterfinal tie as coach of the Red Devils.
UEFA said United, who finished below champions City in the Premier League last season, would have their fixture reversed.
Fulham have lost ten of their last 11 matches and, to compound their misery, Liverpool have won their last five matches against them by a 16-3 aggregate.
The Gunners were due to have the second leg at the Emirates, but their tie was switched as they are not permitted to play at home on the same night as Chelsea.
- Android Q beta is now available for Pixel devices
- UK MPs vote on Theresa May's amended Brexit deal
- Ethiopian crash pilot had control-related problem
- Monster "bomb cyclone" brings hurricane-force winds to Denver
- Brexit backstop legal risk 'unchanged': UK's Cox
- Fuller House & Desperate Housewives Stars Indicted in College Admissions Scam
- Algerian President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Pulls Out Amid Protests
- Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg nominated for Norway's Nobel Peace Prize
- Lewis Hamilton posts fastest practice lap in F1 2019 opening session
- Real Madrid Boss On Sergio Ramos' Absence